Nugget Shooter Forums

More Wickenburg Meteorite

Yo All...I've found a couple more, widely dispersed, small Wickenburgs....The last, my 6th find, was pretty far from the first five meteorites, although confirming what is seeming to be the strewnfield indicators....It weighed about 105 grams and was buried about 10" deep...It screamed so loud I thought I'd found a shotgun cartridge buried by a pack rat...Another one I found was in the middle of a little gully and was just a shattered, very angular, bit of the main mass...Only maybe 7 or 8 grams... When I got home with it, I decided to grind it down to creat a window...This I did, using thick leather gloves, but it still got hot...So I quickly poured out a little puddle of beer to cool it and, guess what, it fractured into several pieces...Bad Move!!!!...I covered the hillsides for more pieces but found nothing, to my surprise...Except for the latter one in the gully, all the rest have been found on north or northwest facing ridges...Any how, here's pix of the ridge top one I found buried....Brings my total of the Wickenburg Meteorite to about 365 Grams for six distinct finds.... Cheers, Unc

post-9-1240812765_thumb.jpg

post-9-1240812907_thumb.jpg

post-9-1240813458_thumb.jpg

UNCLE Ron thats another nice find from ---from---from I cant read the cordinates on your GPS. but great finds anyway.

Harry

Aloha Unc Ron,

My sentiments exactly! Quit teasing us will yah! We will gladly help you find the rest of the mass. :innocent0009:

Honestly tho, you are one lucky fellow to be able to find something like that and keep a secret for so long. Nice work! BEER? as a coolant. What a waste.

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

Hi Stan & Harry & Frank......Yep, I can't quite get the location numbers in focus :laught16::laught16::laught16: ... I'm pretty puzzled by the strewnfield here ... It's pointing in an entirely different direction that the records of the original 30 pound piece seem to suggest...A mystery! :headphones: ...Cheers, Unc

Hi Stan & Harry & Frank......Yep, I can't quite get the location numbers in focus :laught16::laught16::laught16: ... I'm pretty puzzled by the strewnfield here ... It's pointing in an entirely different direction that the records of the original 30 pound piece seem to suggest...A mystery! :headphones: ...Cheers, Unc

I don't think I would believe the coordinates of the original 30 pound piece.

Steve

Unc,

Outstanding! Looks like you have a great spot all to yourself. Nice size pieces you are finding as well. Congrats on your recent Wickenburg finds. Good on ya.

Dean