Nugget Shooter Forums

More questions on rye patch.

Benz

Ok so im going to the patch this thursday night. The weather says it might rain lightly on saturday. How are those roads when they are wet? Ill be using a rented little SUV 4x4 i think a jeep.

Also how are detectors in the rain i have a GMT? do i just cover the main unit with a plastic bag?

Any wildlife i should watch out for? snakes bugs. ill be alone

Might want to carry a gun large enough to fend off a 30 LB Bobcat, 45 Lb Coyote, a 225lb Mountain lion

and a dozen 235lb illegals and their 6 110lb Rottweillers, Anyway on the lighter side have fun a find lots of gold!!!

by the way if you run in to an old Prospector named Everret==tell him he has a beer waiting over at the pizza joint

that I bought him several years ago. (might be tough to get it now).....Hammer :innocent0009:

Hammer,

Thats a "For Sure-For Sure" on that beer if its the price Grubstakes uncle paid! $4.33+ a can! :laught16:

At that price I wouldn't need AA just a Goverment bail out!

If there's as many people out there as there is asking questions about Rye Patch on this and other forums your problem maybe finding a parking spot! :ROFL:

:twocents:

The roads are rocky so the rain doesnt usually cause a problem. I was out 1 week ago and killed 3 rattle snakes. darn things.

The roads are rocky so the rain doesnt usually cause a problem. I was out 1 week ago and killed 3 rattle snakes. darn things.

Ill be alone. Are the snakes out in the open? Did you look for the snakes. I made some cardboard shingaurns and ill be wearing long pants.

And whats this bull crap about not cutting the bite and sucking the venom out? What do you do if your alone?

Also did anyone get cell covarage out there?

Ill be alone. Are the snakes out in the open? Did you look for the snakes. I made some cardboard shingaurns and ill be wearing long pants.

And whats this bull crap about not cutting the bite and sucking the venom out? What do you do if your alone?

Also did anyone get cell covarage out there?

Please God, do not rely on card board to save your life............

Invest in some bonified shinguards, they can save your life.

Yeh for sure don't! cut the bit and suck the pioson out, makes it much worse, whay if you have a cut on your gums? Your screwed, most people have plenty of time to get to a DR. unless you go into shock, slow down if you get bitten, don't panick, keep your heart rate slow, get down to the truck stop or park area at the lake, let the rangers call you a chopper if they have too. Siriously! Grubstake Me I don't worry too much about the snkes, they will be around bushes, in tall grass, its the damned Black widows I've had run ins's with, truning over a rock or detectong around bushes, I almost got bitten twice out there by blackwidows. Only seen the snkes and keep clear.

Please God, do not rely on card board to save your life............

Invest in some bonified shinguards, they can save your life.

where can i buy some tomarrow? lowes sports stores?

where can i buy some tomarrow? lowes sports stores?

Didnt know Lowes had sports stores. But you should be able to find a pair somewhere. I dont know whats available in your area. I do know that a snake will bite right through cardboard though.

I have hunted Rye Patch 30-40 days a year for the last 9 years and I have never seen a rattle snake other than down by the lake. I think I've only seen one person wear snake guards there and they did not seem to stay on for too long. I wouldn't bother with the guards unless you had someplace with a lot of snakes to use them when you get home.

Good luck down there, the gold is getting hard to stumble across.

Aloha,

As far as snakes guards go they tend to make a first time user lazy. I would just be aware of your surroundings at all times. Even when I wear them snake guards I tend to watch where I am goind and usually have a "safety zone" of about 8-10 feet around me at all times.

Use your eyes and ears in that order. You should spot them before you hear them.

Aloha and be safe out there.

BTW, if you have a basspro store in your area they always have them.

Stan aka Kaimi

Hello,

Just go out there and have a good time.

Your won't be "alone" out there anyway.

Spencer should know, he hunts days and

nights, and the nights are the times you

neet to worry about ALL the critters...

Just don't stand out in the open in a

thunderstorm, as you will be the tallest

thing for the lightning to head for.

~LARGO~