Nugget Shooter Forums

Do USA detector dealers take trade ins?

AndyinOz

Hello,

I was just wondering where all the second hand Minelabs are these days? They are as rare as rocking horse crap on any classified section on any forum! Are dealers over there offering good trade-in prices on Extreme's or 3000's? I can't seem to find any! Is there somewhere else I should be looking to find them for sale? :shrug: Thanx, Andy

Andy,

I can't say about other forum's but I have been following this forum every day for about a month and they seem to get sold as quick as they pop up. Often the same day. I know some dealers take in used ones such as Gerrys Gerrys and Kelko. I know Gerry has some used one's I assume folks have traded in. see the link

Terry

Fillout your profile and someone might be able to help you, most dealers take trades , you need to be local to get the deals because they go so quick and people don't want to ship so you need a location??

Max

Hello,

I was just wondering where all the second hand Minelabs are these days? They are as rare as rocking horse crap on any classified section on any forum! Are dealers over there offering good trade-in prices on Extreme's or 3000's? I can't seem to find any! Is there somewhere else I should be looking to find them for sale? :shrug: Thanx, Andy

Hello,

I have filled out some profile info. Reason I am looking for USA detectors is that your prices are much cheaper than in Australia! I can buy in the US, freight them over and I am still over $500 better off! Anyone else got any contacts of USA Minelab dealers who take trade ins? Thanx, Andy

OK, Now maybe someone can help you. have you checked the home page of the host of this forum? The link is in the upper left corner under the nugget. Bill Southern is a Mine Lab dealer and I am sure that if you ask him he will be able to tell you. It might even not be legal? I remember that when I was doing eBay I shipped a few

Whites to Aus but most of my used MD sales were to Germany and Russia ?

Good Luck

Max

Hello Max,

I have just heard that USA Minelab dealers are forbidden to export any Minelab detector, used or not. So that potential source is a dead end :tisc-tisc:

Has anyone heard of a used GP for sale lately? Anywhere in the US? I still have 5 friends and relatives who are after an Extreme or 3000. Thanx, Andy

Here are some independant prospecting shops that I know handle used detectors you can contact them:

http://www.pro-goldprospecting.com/drywash...prospecting.htm

http://www.minerscreek.com/

http://www.russfordprospecting.com/

I suppose youv'e tried eBay and Craigs list ?

Here's a 2200 that had no takers, http://www.49ermike.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=...d=9199&page=

But usualy you must be prepared to buy instantly, it is like guns and ammo here, prices doubled last week, AK-47 ammo 7x62-39 is up to $16 for 20 rounds and you can't find it at that price either. Metal detectors are about as bad, gold prospecting clubs are taking in 100s of new menbers.

Good Luck

Max

Hello John,

Craiglist USA is a pain to use. You cannot search any state as a whole, only city by city.

It takes forever to get nowhere :angry-smiley-010: Thanx anyway, Andy