Nugget Shooter Forums

Change of detector and EUREKA

Well Guys/Gals after about four months of looking (every coupla days) I was getting a bit anoyed with the SD2000 and the amount of ground noise. Being a beginner I was finding it very hard to distinguish between hot gound noises and targets so what did I do. I traded it for a GP Extreme, I went about 10 minutes down the road from the shop and put the new harness together and figured I had 20 minutes to try it out. Nothing huge but I was stoked when I found my very first nugget @ .3gms. Shaped like a tiny scorpion It is just great. I had been in this area before and only found rubbish and with the SD2000 i was ready to start slowing down on my hunting knowing that i was missing heaps.... not now, I figure if I can find one nugget in fifteen minutes with the Extreme a few hundred hours might get it paid for. Going back out today (with no rush to pick up the misses) so I will let you all know how I got on. The message here is that although I reckon the SD2000 (modded) is a great machine and unbeatable at depth, I would not reccomend it to the begginer especialy in hot ground as they will as I did get very frustrated..... Enjoy the day. Regards :woohoo:

PS thanks to all for all the advise over the months, It has been Great....

Congrats Cookie on your first nugget...now your hooked for life....if you still have the SD2000

don't give up on it...try it using a DD coil.....

I had been using the 11"DD coil but with all the mineralization in the area (Central Victoria Australia) I was getting way too many interfering signals... It was one of the first of the 2000s and I have traded it. The Extreme has a serial number in the 74,000s which I have been told is the later of the series..... No luck on the second day out but a hell of alot more fun without all the background noise... I watched a vid last night and got some tips on the settings, I ll give it another go today... HAPPY HUNTING :whoopie: