Nugget Shooter Forums

RyePatch

Benz

In Lovelock a block west of the stoplight is the county offices.(between the post office and court house) If you care to look there is a map book of current claim status in the county.(every county has one)

Rye Patch is the most well known placer ground in NV and folks come from all over to try there luck.

The area is accessible by a 2 wheel drive sedan but is well known for flat tires.

geocommunicator is the blm's site for current claim status but is often outdated. You just cant beat going to the county seat!

http://www.geocommunicator.gov/GeoComm/index.shtm

http://www.blm.gov/lr2000/

Hope this helps

nvchris

thanks. flat tires huh thats a good tip. Ill bring a few spares

In Lovelock a block west of the stoplight is the county offices.(between the post office and court house) If you care to look there is a map book of current claim status in the county.(every county has one)

Rye Patch is the most well known placer ground in NV and folks come from all over to try there luck.

The area is accessible by a 2 wheel drive sedan but is well known for flat tires.

geocommunicator is the blm's site for current claim status but is often outdated. You just cant beat going to the county seat!

http://www.geocommunicator.gov/GeoComm/index.shtm

http://www.blm.gov/lr2000/

Hope this helps

nvchris

Im thinking of heading to ryepatch next week. I was wondering if anyone has information on where you can detect. ie not someones claim.

Benz,

There is definitely some gold to be found there. Been there twice, first time found some great gold (not sure there is any that isn't great?) second time not but second time didn't really work at it as I was anxious to get home. One thing though, whether it's claimed or not you can camp anywhere you like.

Attached are pics of my rye patch finds in 05.

Terry

post-788-1239655862_thumb.jpg

ill prolly be going by myself. Is there a hotel any where near there.

Benz,

There is definitely some gold to be found there. Been there twice, first time found some great gold (not sure there is any that isn't great?) second time not but second time didn't really work at it as I was anxious to get home. One thing though, whether it's claimed or not you can camp anywhere you like.

Attached are pics of my rye patch finds in 05.

Terry

Rough Water,

I was just wondering if you own a Rough Water boat.

Up here in the puget sound a good one is prized for it's capabilities.

As mentioned before, the Geocommunicator is suppose to be updated every 3 weeks, but is not!

The county seat is the only place to get all the up to date information on claim status.

SteveT :coffeetime:

no boat. does anyone know the gun laws in NV? Can i open carry? I would like to have one of my pistols on me. Ill be alone in a new place.

Rough Water,

As mentioned before, the Geocommunicator is suppose to be updated every 3 weeks, but is not!

The county seat is the only place to get all the up to date information on claim status.

Hello,

I think you can carry one openly in the field. Just don't go shooting the thing just to be shooting. You never know who is going to be just over the next ridge, and might be the unlucky recipient.

The place is generally safe.

Gary

I take gun safety very seriously. And great you can open carry.

Hello,

I think you can carry one openly in the field. Just don't go shooting the thing just to be shooting. You never know who is going to be just over the next ridge, and might be the unlucky recipient.

The place is generally safe.

Gary

Rough Water,

SteveT,

Nope, Don't own a rough water boat, never heard of the brand, "Roughwater", was a Marine Corps nick-name but I won't go into how I got it. :Huh_anim]:

Terry

post-788-1239671403_thumb.jpg

post-788-1239671519_thumb.jpg

post-788-1239671589_thumb.jpg

Yes it is all open carry. Outside of your coat, and nothing in the chamber while in your vehicle. But you can carry in the magazine. But i am sure it will change in the up coming years.

Anytime the topic of guns comes up lots of you can do this and you can't do that comes up. It's best for you to read up on the subject and the site that El Dorado posted is a great place to start. :tisc-tisc:

As for one in the chamber in a vehicle, that doesn't apply to handguns only long guns. It is primarily a fish and game rule while hunting and they will nail you big time for it. And a loaded handgun can be concealed in the vehicle just not on your person unless you have a permit.

Anytime your out of Vegas (Clark county) you will find that no one seems to mind you having a side arm. I carry mine in the open anytime I am out of Vegas but

concealed around town to keep the sheep from stampeding.

It is supposed to be legal to open carry anywhere in the state now but our anti-gun attorney general has different ideas on how the law is read that was passed in October of 2007.

Find some gold while you are there and post some pics for us.