Nugget Shooter Forums

A couple of buddies and I headed out to hunt before the storm. First thing was a rattler and it's a good one cause it's now dead!!! I don't know if it was the weather changing or just getting our coils over some gold today! The patch we visited today, seems to constantly put out some nice gold. But, the big nuggets are deep. So, I was running my GPX 4000 in Extra, Deep, Very Slow, and the Gain max at 15 all day, low & slow with the 12 x 15 Commander Mono, and it paid off! The big nugget was just a funny sound in the threshold and wasn't a good target until about 3" of dirt was moved then it started to sing to me. This 8.8 dwt nugget must had been on edge or standing vertical 14 or more inches deep, it finally popped out! We all had a great time before the rain started...until our next hunt!

LuckyLundy

7Apr09TotalCoil.jpg

Outfrigginstanding! :cool04: :cool04: :cool04: wish I could have been there to watch ya free that clunker!

Yo, LL...That's some awesome gold...Looks like your total was close to an OZT??? ...I know you're in CA, but not sure what general area...N or S Motherlode? ...WTG...Cheers, Unc

Great looking nuggs, congrats....where is this magical land where gold grows before rain :hmmmmmm: you should wait and collect them after...not that its not a good looking bunch :whoopie:

Yo, LL...That's some awesome gold...Looks like your total was close to an OZT??? ...I know you're in CA, but not sure what general area...N or S Motherlode? ...WTG...Cheers, Unc

Pretty close guess little over 21dwt. My best guessing is looking at pictures off the phone I can guess with in .5dwt most of the time.