Nugget Shooter Forums

Eureka gold

gdaddy

Does anyone have a good way to waterproof the factory 10" coil ?...A rep @ kellyco told me to use a toilet paper roll and fill it with silicone around the connection where the wire goes into the coil....Doesn't sound like the most appealing fix to me.

gdaddy...the coils from Minelab and other manufacturers can be easily water proofed at the point

where the coil wire exits the coil by carefully unscrewing the plastic connector and filling the cavity

around the wire with silicone and then re-connecting the connector....but that's not where your

problem is going to be....most materials that the coils are made from are porous enough to allow

water to enter through the coil housing itself...there's no way that I know of to make the stock coil

100% waterproof.....you can try www.docsdetecting.com and see if Coiltek has a water proof coil

for the Eureka Gold....

Another safe bet...don't believe anything that Kellyco tells you....have fun and good luck...

Just checked the coiltek site and they do have a waterproof coil for the Eureka Gold...it's

called a WOT...15" Rd DD for $218.00.....I had one for my XT17000 and know for a fact it

will punch deep and it's light weight.....

gdaddy...the coils from Minelab and other manufacturers can be easily water proofed at the point

where the coil wire exits the coil by carefully unscrewing the plastic connector and filling the cavity

around the wire with silicone and then re-connecting the connector....but that's not where your

problem is going to be....most materials that the coils are made from are porous enough to allow

water to enter through the coil housing itself...there's no way that I know of to make the stock coil

100% waterproof.....you can try www.docsdetecting.com and see if Coiltek has a water proof coil

for the Eureka Gold....

Another safe bet...don't believe anything that Kellyco tells you....have fun and good luck...

Just checked the coiltek site and they do have a waterproof coil for the Eureka Gold...it's

called a WOT...15" Rd DD for $218.00.....I had one for my XT17000 and know for a fact it

will punch deep and it's light weight.....

I was just checking out those coiltek coils today,and read some really good reviews on them. I am gonna have to get me one for sure...are they just plug and play? So you don't have a lot of faith in kellyco huh? LOL! She told me that one of the Minelab people told her that. I think. Thanks for your time!