Nugget Shooter Forums

Were to hunt in Fernley Nv. & Colfax Ca.

Hi everyone I'm new to this forum and love the folks advice here! I'm leaving this Friday night and stopping at Colfax for 2 days then onto Fernley area for 3 days. I would love some advice on were to nugget hunt with my new Whites TDI. I also have a Goldmaster 11 I'm also open to some company. My mother lives in Fernely and I'm going to pop in for a visit. I know there my be rain, I'm hoping for the best sence I'm tenting it. I was born and raised in the Nevada desert so I know what it can get like. I'm also open to going stright to Nevada if someone strikes my interest.

Happy Trails Joe

Welcome Joe. I live in Fallon and we always head up to lovelock area. BUT, i do have little spot right out of fernley about 8 miles. It can be really good. We usually highbank and drywash there but we have found them with our detectors. It is called olinghouse.

WH Joe,

In Colfax, go to the Bear River Camp Ground. Go past camp Ground to parking lot on righthand side. From there walk on giant river bar upstream. You should see a few guys panning and sluicing, no motorized equipment allowed. Plenty of good flake in the bar stay about 8" deep in gravels.

LuckyLundy

WH Joe,

In Colfax, go to the Bear River Camp Ground. Go past camp Ground to parking lot on righthand side. From there walk on giant river bar upstream. You should see a few guys panning and sluicing, no motorized equipment allowed. Plenty of good flake in the bar stay about 8" deep in gravels.

LuckyLundy

Hey Rick we need to go there and see if anything good got pushed in there this year. I don't think the water ever really got high enough for a good flood though.