Nugget Shooter Forums

Whites you suck,lick my coil.

Just want to post my Anger towards "whites".

Just wondering if anyone else has sent a detector in for repairs and it comes back still not working.

They wont answer my emails.

Soo A big You suck Whites from Rockpup,lick my detector coil.

I mentioned this in a differant post,but want to voice my concern in its very own post.

All i want is it to be fixed right,but i dont want to pay more shipping and labour for them not to fix it again.

I think my repair job fixed it.They did the worst job trying to soilder the coil plug in.Horrible cold soilder joints.

Just a warning,I am going to send mine to british colombia next time,theres a repair guy that works on whites machiens in Vernon or burnaby,I will call whites to express anger also get that bc guy's number.

The 2 times I have had to send in my whites detector I have been very happy and have gotten service beyond what I asked for.

Not sure what is wrong but I can't complain about Whites Service at all

I used the hell out of the first coil I had and was having intermittent problems, so by the time I decieded to be without a detector and send it in the warranty had expired, I didnt know that at the time I thought it was still covered.

End result the factory in Sweet Home diagnosed a coil problem and a bad ground connection. They repaired the connection and installed a new coil with cable plus sent it back with a set of new duracells in it, and gave me a 90 day warranty. All I paid for was to ship it there. In reality I should have been responsible for the repair because the warr. had expired.

MR. ROCKPUP, it sounds like you have a unique situation on your hands. GOOD LUCK WITH IT.

Also when communicating with mfgs. an repair depts. via the phone or e-mails or letters a little bit of sugar or honey and respect GOES a LONG WAY USUALLY.

Just for the record ...

I have a White's DFX that a few years ago got a quick unintentional bath in a wave of Atlantic Ocean salt water. As a precaution I shut it down immediately and pulled the battery, dried it as best I could and sent it to White's with an explanation. It came back better than new and at no cost to me (other than shipping of course), even though it was out of warranty by a couple years. I have no complaints!! They are a great company to work with.

Cant say I can agree with you fellows.Is there a warrenty on there repair work?Im glad you fellows had good service work done.I a not sure what to do now it cost me $50 dollars in shipping.I dont want to waste my money again.

Cant say I can agree with you fellows.Is there a warrenty on there repair work?Im glad you fellows had good service work done.I a not sure what to do now it cost me $50 dollars in shipping.I dont want to waste my money again.

Rock, I think your best bet is to communicate with them and let them know that it is still not working. I would take a nice even tone and let them know you are distressed about the shipping costs you paid and your Whites still doesnt work. Most companies know that in a specialized industry like this, word of mouth gets around and they will try to fix the issue. :twocents:

Aloha,

I have read your post regarding your "bad service problems" and cant understand it. I have dealt with them a lot and have always had great service. Maybe, you should just pick up the phone and talk to someone in Oregon and let them know you have a problem and need to get your detector fixed so you can go out and detect without struggling. I am sure if you use a proper approach you will get an answer right away.

Good luck.

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

Rockpup,

Call them up and have them email you a RS label, (Return Service) so you don't have to pay for shipping a second time for the same issue. Almost all reputable companies will do this, they will email you a shipping label and all you do is print it, slap it on the box and send it in.

Tony Teixeira

You know…..I waited to further comment on this thread to see what others where saying about Whites machines and their customer service since I knew that many on the forum use and stand-by their equipment purchased from Whites, as can be seen by the replies made and the options suggested to help correct “Rocks” problem.

From the standpoint of being an OEM the very last thing that Whites would do….. is treat a customer in such a way, as described here, to never want them to re-purchase any product from them again!

And then I re-read the original post by Rockpup and found this “statement” …..

I think my repair job fixed it.They did the worst job trying to soilder the coil plug in.Horrible cold soilder joints.

And this…..

Just a warning,I am going to send mine to british colombia next time,theres a repair guy that works on whites machiens in Vernon or burnaby,I will call whites to express anger also get that bc guy's number.

Well…..”I fixed it” and “Just a warning"……IMHO, sounds to me like someone in BC is trying to drum-up a bit of business for themselves by bashing Whites!??

Gary

BTW, I forgot to mention that I have no bias towards or leanings to Whites products although I wish them the best in their endeavors!

You know…..I waited to further comment on this thread to see what others where saying about Whites machines and their customer service since I knew that many on the forum use and stand-by their equipment purchased from Whites, as can be seen by the replies made and the options suggested to help correct “Rocks” problem.

From the standpoint of being an OEM the very last thing that Whites would do….. is treat a customer in such a way, as described here, to never want them to re-purchase any product from them again!

And then I re-read the original post by Rockpup and found this “statement” …..

And this…..

Well…..”I fixed it” and “Just a warning"……IMHO, sounds to me like someone in BC is trying to drum-up a bit of business for themselves by bashing Whites!??

Gary

BTW, I forgot to mention that I have no bias towards or leanings to Whites products although I wish them the best in their endeavors!

________________________________________________________________________________

"Well…..”I fixed it” and “Just a warning"……IMHO, sounds to me like someone in BC is trying to drum-up a bit of business for themselves by bashing Whites!??"

LOL ,I live in Alberta, why would I drum up bussiness for some place I dont even know the name of,I have to call whites in Oregon to get the number or did you fail to read that also.It was a repair facility whites suggested I send my machine to in canada LOL.

I guess I could start repairing whites machines,I think I would do a better repair job than them,at least I know how to soilder right! LOL

I would love to take a picture of the Horrible Soilder job down by some 10 year old kid down there at whites.I own a Soildering Iron,I happen to tinker with electronics,I did take 3 years of high school electronics,If I had a schematic of the machine I would have no problem fixing it.I thought the people at whites would Do a better job at fixing it than I would, LOL I was completly wrong on that!!!!!!

All I did was REheat the Cold Soilder joints on the connection to the coil plug.

If they decide not to answer my emails good for them,I just dont have to buy there products anymore.Theres more than enough competiton for these completly overpriced machines.Im think of buying one from belgium next time,better than paying these overpriced american makers.I could buy a overpriced austrlian machine also,at least I get the best of the best that way(explorer2).Im not bias towards any brand name also,but if I buy a tesoro at least its a free #$^%#$%^ up fix job.At least Im paying a 300% markup for a reason(you cant tell me it cost alot to make a metal detector lol),free lifetime warrenty,lets see whites top that?

I just sent a real nice email explaining my problem to whites.I have sent 3(which are unanswered) They answered the one Requesting the repair work right away,funny how that works.

If they answer my email and make up for there mistake I will say Im sorry and post whatever they did to correct the problem,until then,boo whites.

Enough with thne E-mails, they just get lost with the thousands of others that come into the company. They are listed in Sweethome, Oregon. Just call them on the phone and ask they to help you in a nice way. I have always had good response from them. Try it, and trash the attitude--might work--good luck

Folks, please take a look at my post #9.....his latest post does not comment much to what I said!

I say further.....

With all your clammer here Rockpup.....I don't see many "buying" into your claim!

And some LOLs back to ya from me :laught16::laught16::laught16:

Somehow the term "boulder-dash" frames Rocks picture!

Gary

I fixed the thing myself again.

Sorry whites,I cant really complain about the detector,it works fine now.

If they were going to pay for it to get reshipped and fixed I would gladly buy another whites machine.

I will call them just to hear a response.since the email is not going to get answered.

Its not like I have a new machine,its old,real old,its a vintage machine.

Some one screwed up,big deal ,just want it corrected.

I might have overpaid for shipping there,I put $400 insurance on it.

Whites sent it back to me at the cost of $15 american.Im sorry again all my numbers were in canadian price.

I paid $45 american for the labour,the parts dirt cheap like under $10 bucks american,there shipping $15 american,my shipping there so $20 american.

So thats around $120 american.Thats allmost a used Spectrum on ebay.

Glad to hear everyone else is happy So far I have found no one that has complained with there service.

I will call and BE Nice to them,see what they would have done,it will cost me the long distance call,but its worth it to see if they are true to

there customers?

P.S Gary, I really am a spy for garrett,Im hoping all this bad talk about whites will cause people to switch to garret's ohhhhahaha.(just kidding guy,I just afraid If I buy another whites I will get bunk service again)

P.S I would like to buy a mxt,Thats why Im a little upset about this whole situation,I really do like the spectrum.It is a awesome coin machine.

Folks, please take a look at my post #9.....his latest post does not comment much to what I said!

I say further.....

With all your clammer here Rockpup.....I don't see many "buying" into your claim!

And some LOLs back to ya from me :laught16::laught16::laught16:

Somehow the term "boulder-dash" frames Rocks picture!

Gary

Once again, you sit in judgement of others. tsk tsk, so many of us offered advice on the consumer situation. I would ask that you please find out all the facts, before trying to influence the population at large. :twocents:

:coffeetime: HEY BUBBA, I can't speak for Whites or any one else.

But I've been dealin with the public in retail situations since I was about 7 years old, and IMHO you're the type of customer that we'd hope and pray NEVER comes back. :coffeetime:

Thanks bubba,IM glad I dont buy things from you,I should just ignore the bad service,is that what your saying,bite the bullet,take my loses.Act like I got good service?Buy there machines and get them same great service.WHaaaat?

Too bad they wont answer my emails,why should I call them???

Why should I pay for long distance charges.

All the other companies answer my emails!

Thats just for information about there machines.Information,free information,they answer the emails give me the info I request.

I think frank is a whites dealer or something come on its like I am picking on your little brother.

I have all rights to be mad,Im not backing down on this.

I got bad service ok,why cant you admit it.

They sent me back a broken detector

I sent them enough emails.

They are not answering them = bad service.

I tried to be nice and im not getting pushed around to think this is right?

Think what you guys like I know what's happening.

It too Bad they make such a good machine.

Ohh yeah next time I will find that number for the repair tec in British columbia,I would rather spend my money in my own country anyway.

I had a friend one time who was huffing and puffing like Rockpup is after he sent his detector in to White's because they didn't fix it. The guy called White's before he sent it in, waited a while and got it back with no repairs done. As it turned out, he didn't write a letter or anything identifying himself or what the problems were with his detector because I guess he exepected whomever he talked with to remember their conversation (not a good idea).

The second time around, I helped him write a clear and concise letter that explained exactly what was happening to his detector. What do ya know... it came back all fixed! White's was even kind enough to give him a new arm cuff at no charge!

Anytime you send something in like a detector for warranty repair it's usually best to call them first and talk to someone, get their name, then write a follow up letter that clearly explains what the problem is and who you talked to. It's not a good idea to expect the person you had the conversation with to remember you because you have no clue how many people they talked with that day. If you right a letter it's there clear as day and harder for something to be misinterpreted.

As for the shipping, I think of it this way- they're shipping it back to you and most likely it costs White's the same as it costed you. So it all balances out.

Del

Hello Rock,

I just happened to break my GMT this weekend. I purchased it from a place called Mama's Minerals here in Albuquerque. I walked in and while standing there they called White's. White's told them to send it in and they would take care of it immediately. I also sent in my very very used Sierra Max coil that is not working, they said they would take a look at it. I bet they will send a new one.

The last time I had a problem with my coil I sent it in and I received a new one from White's in about 1 1/2 weeks. I have had great service with White's. The GMT has been a great machine, especially considering the abuse I put it through.

Here is a pic of my broken and splinted GMT.

Dean

DSCF0005.jpg

Oh wow,please let me know if they fix that machine or what happens.That bubba guy got me all mad like.

I am being a reterd about not calling,but my machines working now.

After doing some searching on the net I am sorry for the bad mouthing.

If I call whties would repair for shipping fee's.

This happened to another fellow on a differant forum.

I am kinda upset they wont answer my emails.

My uncle owns his own business, and has a sign above the door. It reads: All patrons make us happy!

Some When they come in!

And Some When they leave!

Grubstake