Nugget Shooter Forums

New guy from Nv.

nugget108

Hello all, my name is Dan, and i love digging and talking gold. Seems like most of you do pretty darn good. You all seem really cool. Anyone hunt Nevada at all?

I live in Fallon. My dad and i hunt around lovelock and ryepatch areas alot.

Dan,

I also want to add my "welcome to the forum," and say I will be at Rye Patch for training on a new minelab I recently purchased in early June. I'll be staying in Winnemucca making the drive to and from as I got the best lodging rates there. I'll be in Rye Patch 5-7 June, and will stay in the area a little longer to try my luck.

I currently live in Colorado, but am originally from northern California and often visited Nevada as a kid growing up.

Pat

I live in Fallon. My dad and i hunt around lovelock and ryepatch areas alot.

Welcome Dan !

I plan on spending the summer in various places in Nevada, I have often visited Fallon.

There used to be a gold mining operation right on Hiway 50 east of town, is it still in operation?

Do you ever hunt the Rawhide area?

You live in a great place!

Max

WOW thank you all for the welcome. I have hunted around Rawhide but did no good. It is still there but they ran out of color so it shut down about 5 years ago. Yes i love Nevada, my dad and i love hunting ryepatch and the surrounding areas. I need to get us a couple minelabs. We use GB-2s and love them but want to upgrade to a couple 2100s o2 2200s. Let me know when you will all be around maybe we could meet up.

Dan,

I also want to add my "welcome to the forum," and say I will be at Rye Patch for training on a new minelab I recently purchased in early June. I'll be staying in Winnemucca making the drive to and from as I got the best lodging rates there. I'll be in Rye Patch 5-7 June, and will stay in the area a little longer to try my luck.

I currently live in Colorado, but am originally from northern California and often visited Nevada as a kid growing up.

Pat

Good luck, i want to buy a minelab so bad. Are you just going to ryepatch or are you going to move around?

Dan,

I too have a couple of GB-2's and just got the 2200v2 which is why I'm coming to Rye Patch. Send me an email to plawatters@comcast.net and I'll give you my cell # to call when I get settled in Winnemucca.

Pat

quote name='nugget108' date='Mar 30 2009, 10:26 AM' post='114538']

WOW thank you all for the welcome. I have hunted around Rawhide but did no good. It is still there but they ran out of color so it shut down about 5 years ago. Yes i love Nevada, my dad and i love hunting ryepatch and the surrounding areas. I need to get us a couple minelabs. We use GB-2s and love them but want to upgrade to a couple 2100s o2 2200s. Let me know when you will all be around maybe we could meet up.

Dan,

I too have a couple of GB-2's and just got the 2200v2 which is why I'm coming to Rye Patch. Send me an email to plawatters@comcast.net and I'll give you my cell # to call when I get settled in Winnemucca.

Pat

quote name='nugget108' date='Mar 30 2009, 10:26 AM' post='114538']

WOW thank you all for the welcome. I have hunted around Rawhide but did no good. It is still there but they ran out of color so it shut down about 5 years ago. Yes i love Nevada, my dad and i love hunting ryepatch and the surrounding areas. I need to get us a couple minelabs. We use GB-2s and love them but want to upgrade to a couple 2100s or 2200s. Let me know when you will all be around maybe we could meet up.

Welcome Dan,

I also go to Rye Patch several times a year and I am easy to find when I am down there. I usually have a 33' fifth wheel down there so if you are in the neighborhood stop by and say hi.

Bill :icon_mrgreen:

Bill,

You are clairvoyant :Huh_anim]: I was just going to ask if you guys knew each other :unsure: .

:luck: at Rye Patch :headphones:

max

Welcome Dan,

I also go to Rye Patch several times a year and I am easy to find when I am down there. I usually have a 33' fifth wheel down there so if you are in the neighborhood stop by and say hi.

Welcome Dan,

how long do you usually stay? We are hedding up on the 10th of april for the day.

Are there private claims around that area, and marked well so you don't get shot for claim jumping? Is it BLM land or what?

Welcome Dan,

Are there private claims around that area, and marked well so you don't get shot for claim jumping? Is it BLM land or what?

If you are talking about ryepatch, there are alot of claims. Section 19,which is really good isnt claimed. It is railroad ground, and huntable. "most" odd sections of nevada are considered railroad ground and unclaimable.

Will Do !

Present plan is go to GB 4th of May, watch weather, head N , make a stop in Goldfield to check a spot, ditto for Lidia, make donation at Hawthorne, stock up at Fallon and visit forum members, head for Rye Patch !

Watching the weather all the way, I have been caught in those spring snow storms before , last time was I beleive March or April 2008 , I was heading home from a job in Fernly and hit it at Tonopah, snowed 12" in the first 10 minutes! Stayed at the Clown Motel and almost froze, snow plows worked all night, it was so cold the next am that diesel fuel would not pump! 10 miles and 10 minutes later no snow at all ! I DO NOT DO SNOW!!

Max

Hey Max...... If you do go to N. NV give me a shout so we can share a chilly one at a warm campfire!

how long do you usually stay? We are hedding up on the 10th of april for the day.

Dan

I usually go down there for the Weekend when I go, sometimes I stay for more than the weekend. On the 10th of April I don't Think I can get off of work and go down there, and I have to stay home with the wife and kids for Easter.

Bill

Dan

I usually go down there for the Weekend when I go, sometimes I stay for more than the weekend. On the 10th of April I don't Think I can get off of work and go down there, and I have to stay home with the wife and kids for Easter.

Bill

Yeah i have the wife and kids thing for easter also but i have friday off for good friday and took monday off to take the wife and kids fishen. Haha win win situation.

You are correct in saying the odd sections at rye patch are old railroad land and not claimable with the BLM, they are however under active mineral lease. No one to my knowledge has been asked to leave or not hunt on the odd sections though. Happy hunting, the gold sure is getting harder and harder to find out there.

You are correct in saying the odd sections at rye patch are old railroad land and not claimable with the BLM, they are however under active mineral lease. No one to my knowledge has been asked to leave or not hunt on the odd sections though. Happy hunting, the gold sure is getting harder and harder to find out there.

That is a true statment spenc. It is getting harder and harder to find. And i did forget to mention that about the mineral rights, thank you for adding that in. I also havent and dont know of anyone who has been ran off of railroad ground. Good luck out there.