Nugget Shooter Forums

Is anyone familiar with the American Canyon placers?

I Was curious to see if anyone has any information on this particular placer area, there seems to be only some anecdotal information available on the internet, and in the prospecting books, and publications I have at my disposal..

Thank you

Zippoz

Deep ground, the only luck I've had was in some of the tailing piles. A better area is to √ out is around Dun Glen and along the foothills of the East range. The area is heavily claimed and active so it's best to have up to date claim status. Also try north of the Eugenes. Good chance of hitting a patch or two. Good luck in your search!

nvchris

I Was curious to see if anyone has any information on this particular placer area, there seems to be only some anecdotal information available on the internet, and in the prospecting books, and publications I have at my disposal..

Thank you

Zippoz

My dad and i work the American canyon and spring valley placers all the time. There is excellent gold there but now it is all getting claimed up. The price of gold really sent the "Armchair" prospectors into a frenzy. The dry washing and sluicing is great. Alot of the claim owners are now from out of state, so i see people prospecting on private claims all of the time. If you can find an open spot that isnt claimed, the gold runs in all of the layers of gravel and is heavy on bedrock.

My dad and i work the American canyon and spring valley placers all the time. There is excellent gold there but now it is all getting claimed up. The price of gold really sent the "Armchair" prospectors into a frenzy. The dry washing and sluicing is great. Alot of the claim owners are now from out of state, so i see people prospecting on private claims all of the time. If you can find an open spot that isnt claimed, the gold runs in all of the layers of gravel and is heavy on bedrock.