Nugget Shooter Forums

watch where you step!!!

Aloha Nate,

Yep, they are starting to come out as it warms up so definitely start wearing them snake chaps. Personally I leave them alone UNLESS they make a move at me then OOOPS sorry my glock just went off. :innocent0009:

Yeah, I know that there are some of you out there that dont want to hurt snakes. You do what you want then. Hey, it's my life and limb so I will take of them the way I see fit. Although I will not go out looking for them I sure will be looking out for them. BTW, there is a difference you know!

Enjoy this hobby but be safe out there, no gold or meteorite is worth your life.

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

BTW, please dont take the above as a "rant against snakes" just a rant to be careful.

Hey Stan, I think you might be a little misinformed on Rattlesnake bites and how "deadly" they are. It's actually very rare when someone dies from one of their bites. Your certainly not going to have a good day, but you probably won't die.

I really hope this post doesn't turn into one of the "great rattlesnake debates"

:twocents:

Del

Hey Stan, I think you might be a little misinformed on Rattlesnake bites and how "deadly" they are. It's actually very rare when someone dies from one of their bites. Your certainly not going to have a good day, but you probably won't die.

I really hope this post doesn't turn into one of the "great rattlesnake debates"

:twocents:

Del

Aloha Del, Actually I learned a LOT this past summer hanging out with some folks that are doing some preservation work on Native American Rock art work out here in Nevada. It is true that it is rare for someone to die unless they are in a weakened condition and it will sure put a crimp in their lives for a couple of weeks. I have seen more snakes this past summer than I actually wanted to but have gotten over my phobia of them.

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

And of course, be careful everyone this coming year.

Just a reminder to watch where you put your hands when reaching or digging...the risk of getting a bite on the hands is very real. The poison will do considerable damage to the tissue and make you very ill.

Rattlers will not always warn you or leave so be careful...

Fred

• 3 weeks later...

Hej.

I´m happy that we don´t have venomes snakes in this part of the world but there are lots of slippery rocks to crack the skull on.

I haven´t crack mine so im happy.