Nugget Shooter Forums

No West Texas, but...

Howdy Gang! Since I didn't make it West, TX, I decided to put together my video of my last finds at Gold Basin. The video quality isn't the best but working on a shoe-string budget, one's gotta do what one's gotta do. Hope you all enjoy the video... Happy Hunting, Jason. :;):

Frank, thanks for the comment. It was a good day, and fun to be on the ground. I tried to show that pretty much anyone can do it, but the need for patience is key to really find them. Jason :;):

Another nice video Jason, looks like it was a fun day!

Hey I'm curious to know- what settings are you running your GP-3500 on? Unless the meteorite was heavily weathered your detector should have screamed on that 3 gram piece. I'm very surprised how faint of a signal it was especially since it was right on the surface.

Del

Del, I use the following settings:

Deep, sensitive, mono, tracking, granted it screamed in the phones. The coating on the coil might be affecting it too, so I think I'm going to retire that coil, as a when all else fails coil...

Jason :;):

Aloha Jason,

You Da Man! Yes Sir, patience is not only a virtue but it has its rewards to those that have it.

I guess you know what this means now eh! Everyone is going back to their old spots and scrapes to see if they also missed any pieces. Count me as one of them guys. It looks like tuesday and wednesday will be spent on my hands and kness out at gold basin.

Excellent video, as it shows just what can happen to those that really "get down and dirty". Hope to run into you out there soon.

Aloha and keep that video camera handy.

Stan aka Kaimi

Del, I use the following settings:

Deep, sensitive, mono, tracking, granted it screamed in the phones. The coating on the coil might be affecting it too, so I think I'm going to retire that coil, as a when all else fails coil...

Yeah with those settings and headphones on a meteorite that size should scream out no problem. I figured you probably used those settings, though you might be losing some depth running it in tracking. Are you using a signal enhancer for the external speaker?

If you're getting a new coil think about the 7" x 14" Nuggetfinder emono because it's perfect for Gold Basin and Franconia (most places out there).

Del

Hi Jason,

Great video. I know what it is to coax pieces out of a "worked-out" area. Did you get a chance yet to play jigsaw puzzle? Very nice display of top hunting skills! By the way, Spielberg no, but I like it.

Ben

Jason,

Hey buddy that is not bad for a shoe-string budget video! It is not only a great video but to find sooo many Gold Basin meteorites! Outstanding. Hey looking at the ground and all the earth rocks you sure need a trained eye to pick them out.

Would my GMT work to find Gold Basins? I am so use to finding Irons, what settings would I have to set in order to hit Gold Basin? On that same note, would this also work on finding Eucrites? Would my Minelab SD-220 V2 be better?

Congrats Jason! Keep the videos coming our way.

Dean

Hey Dude,

Your videos are great, shoe string or not! Very cool to find so many on camera.. that is hard to do...I know.

About west, I don't know if you ever got my message but I posted an open invitation for anyone that wanted to come along.

Next time maybe

[/quo

yea i dent see it but i was a way from the forms for a wile so i missed it...

Good video jay-ray ....mabe if i keep up my lucky streak ill fined me a cam for 10 bucks L0L

anyway...

Woooooooo, Jason, totally awesome, dude..... :bowdown: well maybe I'm a bit overboard here :angry-smiley-010: but great work both filming and finds, :whoopie: looking forward to more video's, thanks for sharing :ROFL:

jim "bones" :coffeetime: :outtahere:

Del, I have a joey coil, brand new, just waiting to used this coming week. I really want the NS 14"EM, but maybe next month for the B-day.

Ben, I actually only had one piece that fit together. It was a clean break, but none the less cool.

Dean, the GMT is a well respected machine, especially for meteorites. The GB meteorites sound like gold or lead (in my case that sweet whee whoo sound) making that "zip, zip" sound on the GMT. There are plenty who hunt with it in GB. As for the Eucrities, it should based on the metal content, but if they contain more silica material and are at the other end of the spectrum, say an EL, then possibly not. For the settings, you need to contact Stan and get his opinion or others that use that machine.

Ruben, no worries on the invite (revisited later), it was a bit hectic on this end anyway with work and such. Definitely a hunt of a lifetime and plenty of notes for future falls and hunts.

Nate & Jim, the video work is bit "off the cuff", but what I like about the camera, is if I don't like it, I can delete it on the spot and do a re-shoot pretty easy. Granted I have a nice video camera, but really don't want to take it into the field.