Nugget Shooter Forums

5 hours in Gold Basin

Aloha,

Like Jason I decided at the last minute to blaze out to Gold Basin after plans made earlier this morning were cancelled. BOOYAH! Glad I did.

Arrived at about 9:15am and after a 40 minute hike to an "offbeaten path", more like in the hills. I found a couple of promising spots and started swinging my Goldmax Sierra coil on my GMT. After only 20 minutes I found my first one: a nice little 15.1 grammer hiding under a large weed. Sneeky little devil! :laught16:

Only 8 minutes later I got a strange signal and started to brush the dirt away and BOOYAH at nice 47.3 grammer under about two inches of dirt. At first I thought this one was going to be about the same size as the first one until I tried lifting it up and it wouldnt come out. After a couple of wiggles out it came and I did a little jog. YES Jason it pays off to go to them out of the way spots.

After those two it was a long 2 1'2 hours of just swinging and walking. But it was all worth it today.

Attached are some pics: I will clean up the smaller one later as it has some great looking fracture markings on it.

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi :laught16:

post-1619-1236732393_thumb.jpg

post-1619-1236732426_thumb.jpg

Aloha,

Here is a close up of them after cleaning.

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

post-1619-1236733532_thumb.jpg

Kaimi,

Very nice Gold Basin finds! Congrats on your successful hunt. Nice pictures too. When are you heading out to find some more?

Dean

Aloha guys,

Erik: I am up for either a tuesday and/or wednesday out at Franconia. Let me know.

Jason: Vegetation? darn, them weeds are everywhere. This year we are definitely going to be wearing snake chaps for sure.

Wayne: Finally got my native artworks pics submitted and that project is complete. Had a great year finding some awesome Native American drawings that needed protection from vandals. Great group trying to beat them idiots destroying history. BUT I'M BACK!!! :innocent0002:

Aloha and be seeing you all out in the field once again.

Stan aka Kaimi

Stan, Excellent, Especially for such a short time in the field. Great Pics too. I'm head out to Gold Basin soon but now it's Gold Basin minus two more great fines. See Ya Out There :icon_mrgreen: Clifton

Love both of your finds Stan. What is it about meteorites that just makes me want to spend countless hours walking and walking and well you folks know how much work it takes to find one, good on you Stan.