Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nugget7

First nugget with new TDI

On 2-28-09 I took my new TDI to the La Paz area and just before starting for home on the second day, I found my first

small gold/quartz specimen nugget. Still getting used to the machine, but so far, I like it! Hope to try it with some ML coils soon.

Check out the video of the trip at: Arizona gold detecting

Nice little video and especially the nugget retrieval, enjoyed. :coffeetime:

I have a question for you , approximately how deep would you say you picked up the signal from. In other words whats your estimate of the depth you retrieved it from ? And did you weigh it ???

Thanks I'm interested in the T.D.I.

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your comment. The nugget came in at 1/2 gram. Hard to say how say on the depth as it was more on the side of the hole. But, I would venture to say 4"-5" inches. Keep in mind, this is more of gold covering quartz vs. a solid gold nugget.

I'll be working on a video test of the TDI on depth and gold vs trash.

Here is a photo of the nugget:

3-10-09-azgold003.JPG

Nice little video and especially the nugget retrieval, enjoyed. :coffeetime:

I have a question for you , approximately how deep would you say you picked up the signal from. In other words whats your estimate of the depth you retrieved it from ? And did you weigh it ???

Thanks I'm interested in the T.D.I.

Nice find. A few others with TDI's have been banging out nuggets here in California. Do you find that the gold ring on your finger causes false signal problems while isolating the target? Thanks for the audio. Helps me better understand the TDI performance. What sounds do ironstone rocks induce, if any?

Hi,

I use my right hand (non-ring) and plastic scoop, so no problems. I'll have a video soon on the various high/low tone the TDI makes on various nuggets and trash next week.

Nice find. A few others with TDI's have been banging out nuggets here in California. Do you find that the gold ring on your finger causes false signal problems while isolating the target? Thanks for the audio. Helps me better understand the TDI performance. What sounds do ironstone rocks induce, if any?

Yeah, Micro, I noticed the "false" signal too...not to mention the pick was pretty close to the target...

Nugget7, a simple question; are you a dealer? If you are I think you should be upfront about that....if not no harm no foul...

Second question; was the hole beside your target already there or did you do some digging before you started filming the segment?

Third question; would you like to meet up sometime? We both live in San diego County.

And last, have we met?

Fred

On 2-28-09 I took my new TDI to the La Paz area and just before starting for home on the second day, I found my first

small gold/quartz specimen nugget. Still getting used to the machine, but so far, I like it! Hope to try it with some ML coils soon.

Check out the video of the trip at: Arizona gold detecting

Hi, I really enjoyed the video and that's a nice nugget. I hope you filled in all those detector holes.

Have a nice day and find some more of that yellow stuff.

Neil

Hi Fred,

Ok, for #1. I'm not a dealer for any Mfg! I do have my own nugget site at: http://www.california-gold-rush-miner.us

#2. I had already started the hole prior to filming. This was about the 15th. filming of what I thought would be a nugget. Thank goodness for video tape!

#3. Sure! I'm a member of SPMA. I'm going to Western AZ this weekend. If you are interested, email me at: nugget7@gmail.com

Yeah, Micro, I noticed the "false" signal too...not to mention the pick was pretty close to the target...

Nugget7, a simple question; are you a dealer? If you are I think you should be upfront about that....if not no harm no foul...

Second question; was the hole beside your target already there or did you do some digging before you started filming the segment?

Third question; would you like to meet up sometime? We both live in San diego County.

And last, have we met?

Fred

Thanks Nugget7;

can't play this weekend...

when is the next SPMA meeting? I will come visit, meet you and say hi to Joe and others I haven't seen for a while...

Fred

Hi Fred,

Next meeting should be 3-17. I think they start about 6:30PM in Lemon Grove VFW hall.

Thanks Nugget7;

can't play this weekend...

when is the next SPMA meeting? I will come visit, meet you and say hi to Joe and others I haven't seen for a while...

Fred

Hi Fred,

Ok, for #1. I'm not a dealer for any Mfg! I do have my own nugget site at: http://www.california-gold-rush-miner.us

#2. I had already started the hole prior to filming. This was about the 15th. filming of what I thought would be a nugget. Thank goodness for video tape!

#3. Sure! I'm a member of SPMA. I'm going to Western AZ this weekend. If you are interested, email me at: nugget7@gmail.com

Hi folks,

I am in Congress AZ and brought a TDI with me. If any one has been wanting to do a side by side comparison with their detector give me a PM and we can set up an outing. It might be good for many of us to compare other detectors we have been interested in.

Not trying to steal this thread,if there is enough interested maybe a new thread can be started. Let mek now if you are interested.

Jimbeax