Nugget Shooter Forums

Half-day at Gold Basin

Hi Gang, well this was the first chance I've had in a while to get out and do some detecting. Needless to say I got a late start, hunting about 8:30. I ended up going to a spot that was off the beaten path for me, but did pretty well in only one small area there. Here is the haul:

Weights are 0.8, 0.9, 1.0, 1.6, 5.5, 5.6, 9.5, 12.3, 14.2, 25.3 grams.

The most unique piece was one that was upside down, and looked like a cantaloupe with the inside carved out. Also, I found a small triangle piece that fit together with another piece. All-in-all, 10 pieces total, for 76.7gr.

DSC05860.jpg

DSC05861.jpg

DSC05864.jpg

DSC05869.jpg

Jason :;):

Thanks Guys! There are still some there, but you really have to look for them. Actually, all these came from an area no bigger than a six-meter radius. I probably spent an hour on my hands an knees. Jason :;):

Hi Gang, well this was the first chance I've had in a while to get out and do some detecting. Needless to say I got a late start, hunting about 8:30. I ended up going to a spot that was off the beaten path for me, but did pretty well in only one small area there. Here is the haul:

Weights are 0.8, 0.9, 1.0, 1.6, 5.5, 5.6, 9.5, 12.3, 14.2, 25.3 grams.

Great haul! Superb... :whoopie:

I know you've probably said this before, but what detector are you using?

Careful crawling around out there on your hands and knees, snakes are starting to come out! ;) They might bite you in the arse!

Eric

Eric, I'm using the GP 3500 with the Nugget Shooter 9x5 coil. The coil has a polyurethane adhesive on it since it was coming a part in the front. The coil seems only to be affected when there is a lot of due on the ground, but other wise it works great out there. Jason :;):

Aloha Jason,

Looks like you are doing the same as me. Hunting the offbeaten paths and it looks like it is working for you also. Them small pieces are sure fun to run across and it gives you time to "train your ears again" for them big ones.

I will be out there this coming saturday and probably tuesday or wednesday doing some :icon_mrgreen: . Hope to run into you one day soon.

BTW, leave some for us part-timers will you! :laught16:

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

Jason, Great job, and way nice pics. It been a year since I've been to Gold Basin and after seeing all the pics lately it too makes me a little worried that it's going to be real tuff to find any left all. Excellent work! See Ya Out There :icon_mrgreen: Clifton

Stan, I'm sure there is still plenty to be had down there. But you might have to really go in different places to find them :innocent0009: .

Clifton, make sure you have on your walking shoes...and take your time :shhhhh: .

Jason :;):

Eric, I'm using the GP 3500 with the Nugget Shooter 9x5 coil. The coil has a polyurethane adhesive on it since it was coming a part in the front. The coil seems only to be affected when there is a lot of due on the ground, but other wise it works great out there. Jason :;):

Thanks Jason! Debating on my next detector. It's a toss up between the GMT and the GB2. Leaning toward the GMT but I love the sensitivity of the GB2. Never used the GP 3500...

Good job again on the stones... Maybe one day I'll get to meet you out in the field. I look forward to it.

Good luck out there.

Eric

Eric,

Yeah GB is fun and I probably need to go out there more than I do, but time off is pretty limited these days. Also, I need to get out to Franconia before the snakes come out again. My last experience with one was last summer, a nice 5'+ rattler that I walked upon :yikes: , but luckily it had just eaten or something, because it didn't strike or in that fact move out of my way :escape: . Maybe next week for Franconia, I'll have to see. Plus, I have a few areas for dry lake hunting too... too many meteorites, too little time... Jason :;):