Nugget Shooter Forums

First Timer Finds

Long time gold seeker turns meteorite seeker ? Just wanted to say THANKS to all the great folks I came across the past 4 weeks at Francaoia Arizona, Larry A, Denney A, Mike M, Del W, Todd P, Wayne H, Jim, Larry S, Greg S, Bob V, Carl, Darely , I know i can't spell sorry. I,m Hooked. Larry A please Call me. Here's some pics the pic on right the biger pices H5s 134g, 80g, 42g ,33g ,33g ,26g,12g, up front 7.3g Iron, 2.5g iron the batch of little Irons 17.7gs not bad for first timer but really I ran into the guys who know how to hunt these meteorites THANKS to everyone. Ho Yae Pattie A, dua this note dose not express my appreacation I have to all the folks I crossed path with. the single pi's are the Irons the 7.3ger in the middle.

post-21967-1236047465_thumb.jpg

post-21967-1236047841_thumb.jpg

post-21967-1236048043_thumb.jpg

post-21967-1236048267_thumb.jpg

Boondog,

Congrats on your nice finds! Not bad at all for a new meteorite seeker. That is an outstanding 7.3 gram iron with lots of character. Four weeks....must be nice. Again, congrats!

Dean

Boondog,

Congrats on your nice finds! Not bad at all for a new meteorite seeker. That is an outstanding 7.3 gram iron with lots of character. Four weeks....must be nice. Again, congrats!

Dean

Thanks Dean I hope I did not miss led you the 7.3 Iron is the one with the less character and I really had some folks take me under there wing and show me the ropes the rest is just putting in the hours and hours and hours

Hey Boondog

What a blast we had at franconia. You scored big time. :whoopie: No skunks in the bunch. Hope your smile was all the way home up north. I have never had more laughs in my life. :laught16: Hope you enjoyed the Yuma Clapper Rail dinner over the fire pit. :tisc-tisc: Give me a E on the Web site below so I can send the pictures. :icon_mrgreen:

Wayne Holmes :escape:

Boondog,

:whoopie:

That is an impressive display of Franconia space rocks. A job well done for a first timer meteorite hunter. Having the luck to find one of the larger irons is a real bonus, no matter how much character it has. I, like Doug, at first thought that the 7.3 gram iron was the first picture, which is one beautiful iron. Being bit by the meteorite bug is as bad as being bit by the gold bug, you are now addicted.

Jim

Boondog,

:whoopie:

That is an impressive display of Franconia space rocks. A job well done for a first timer meteorite hunter. Having the luck to find one of the larger irons is a real bonus, no matter how much character it has. I, like Doug, at first thought that the 7.3 gram iron was the first picture, which is one beautiful iron. Being bit by the meteorite bug is as bad as being bit by the gold bug, you are now addicted.

Jim

Hi Paleface I can't think of a way to make my frist trip any better, it would have been nice to shake your hand I know your well respected.

Hey Boondog

What a blast we had at franconia. You scored big time. :whoopie: No skunks in the bunch. Hope your smile was all the way home up north. I have never had more laughs in my life. :laught16: Hope you enjoyed the Yuma Clapper Rail dinner over the fire pit. :tisc-tisc: Give me a E on the Web site below so I can send the pictures. :icon_mrgreen:

Wayne Holmes :escape:

Wayne what a blast!! having Jim there was very cool the laughts and the 12.5 hr ride home went pretty quick can't wait to share a campfire with you all agian .

WOW dude! I can't believe all you found! You da man! I couldn't find a single iron while I was there. That gold detector you have must really be sensitive to irons. Does anyone out there know what ratio of irons to stones is average for most people hunting Franconia? 25 irons to 7 stones is a ratio of 3.57 Hey, you should head to West TX now. I'll be there in a couple of days.

WOW dude! I can't believe all you found! You da man! I couldn't find a single iron while I was there. That gold detector you have must really be sensitive to irons. Does anyone out there know what ratio of irons to stones is average for most people hunting Franconia? 25 irons to 7 stones is a ratio of 3.57 Hey, you should head to West TX now. I'll be there in a couple of days.

Wish I could head to Tx no can do. I was shooting with Minelab GP 3500 frist coil,round Coiltek 14" DD Pro, then the little mono Joey, finely stock round 11" DD Minelab weight versa ground coverage versas getting in between the basalt work for me ,all these where found on north side

Aloha Boondog,

Great finds you have there and of course they do have a lot of character. Great to have a bunch of pros on hand to help you out whenever you first start out. Looks like you picked the perfect bunch of guys to hunt with from the looks of it.

Aloha and be safe,

Stan aka Kaimi

Boondog, Outstanding, The iron in the first pic is very unique looking, excellent. Also a big iron 7.3 grams. WOW. Very nice fines. I was thinking I'd head out to Franconia soon, but Dam looks like you got all the was left. Beautiful. I agree with you, advice from the pros is of immense help. If I had not recieved advice and example detector cals from Mike, Paul, Nate, and Del out at Franconia, I'd still be bring back pieces of magnatite. Great fines!!! See ya out there. :icon_mrgreen: Clifton

Boondog:

Those are some amazing finds - you sure have good ears. I have noticed that experienced gold hunter do very well at hunting meteorites. If make sense since you have been hearing those annoying stones for so many years thinking that they were worthless (not gold) and now you just pick them up.

So welcome to being a meteorite hunter – I think you’ll be back many times again. That iron is a wonderful specimen.

:icon_mrgreen:

Greg S.