Nugget Shooter Forums

Price drop on 4500's

Al C

A1c,I've also niticed that a couple of dealers have dropped their prices on the 4500 to $4500. The 5000 should be out soon. Jp is probley already testing a prototype in Australia.

Harry

For the last months the Australian dollar has fallen to around 65 cents to the American dollar. A year ago it reached over 95 cents to the dollar. Thus, the cost in American dollars today to import Australian manufactured goods, such as a 4500, theoretically should be substantially less than it was a year ago -- about a third less. Note, however, that OZ does not have a free trade agreement with the US. Therefore, Australian (and possibly American) price controls skew the freely traded values that otherwise might prevail. I'm not sure if, or to what extent, this applies to metal detectors. At any rate, as MT-AZ-HP pointed out, it seems to be about morphing time for the next iteration of Minelab PIs. Thus, the price drop alternately may reflect an inventory clearance.

Rich, go to the gold prospecting in oz forum you will find it. That and a lot of other info. You need to look around the forum not just on the link page.

http://goldprospecting.invisionplus.net/?m...mp;showforum=43

The Codan buy out was just in the news on the 19th.

Rich, my error. The story was on the lift Minelab gave Codan.

Though the word is out in the land of OZ on the 5000 testing. I'm into the minelab mods and hang out at those sites to see what is new. My 2000 is on the way to OZ for some repair and the new VCO update.

Any one hear anything about the huge silver nugget find near Denver. Found at 3ft. with a SD2000GPM?

I think the change is mostly related to dollar exchange rates, but also partly to spur recessions slowed sales. Its too early for the 5000. I took the very first pics of the 4500 that were posted on the internet but not provided by ML. That was last march and at that time no US dealer had 4500s in hand and for sale, although it had been anounced and they were available in Australia. So I am guessing it will be another 6 to 9 moths before the 5000 is released.

Chris

post-21152-1236213010_thumb.jpg

I want to share a story with you all that is SOOOOOO amazing that even I have a hard time still believing it: BUT IT'S TRUE!

I had the opportunity to try out the new 5000 and it is nothing like you have ever seen, I am not supposed to discuss my findings but it is soooooooo amazing I just have to tell you!

There is a new setting called "SENS SMOOTH EXTRA" this works in conjunction with the new SELECT control knob on the front, if you turn the knob clockwise till your threshold warbbles you will be in a new MODE called DIAMOND MODE...... yes, that's right you can now find DIAMONDS!!!! I could not believe it either, but it's true.

I said too much already.

See ya in the Diamond Fields!

Tony Teixeira

Hey Tony,

Talking about stories that are hard to believe:

Quite a few years back I knew an older woman,

that lived with her husband out on the desert, on

their gold claims.

She claimed she could find quartz crystals with

a Gold Bug 2. :icon_mrgreen: I never saw her do it, nor

did I question just what her methods were, but I

did see lots of beautiful crystals outside their humble

shack in the desert. I just know she would never

lie about something like that. What would be her

motive to claim something she could not do?

I know its difficult to believe, but it's true!

So maybe finding diamonds with a Minelab might not

be such a far fetched notion... :Huh_anim]:

~LARGO~

Hey Tony,

Talking about stories that are hard to believe:

Quite a few years back I knew an older woman,

that lived with her husband out on the desert, on

their gold claims.

She claimed she could find quartz crystals with

a Gold Bug 2. :icon_mrgreen: I never saw her do it, nor

did I question just what her methods were, but I

did see lots of beautiful crystals outside their humble

shack in the desert. I just know she would never

lie about something like that. What would be her

motive to claim something she could not do?

I know its difficult to believe, but it's true!

So maybe finding diamonds with a Minelab might not

be such a far fetched notion... :Huh_anim]:

~LARGO~

Gary,

On a serious side, what I would like to see on an upcoming GPX model is a control box with 2 system boards where you could toggle between your GPX board and another board like the E-Trac board so you have 2 systems in one unit, or how about the second board being a VLF board so you could toggle between PI and VLF.

Who knows what technology will bring to the prospector in the following years, but I am sure it will be interesting.

Take care!

Tony Teixeira

Hi Tony,

On a serious side, what I would like to see on an upcoming GPX model is a control box with 2 system boards where you could toggle between your GPX board and another board like the E-Trac board so you have 2 systems in one unit, or how about the second board being a VLF board so you could toggle between PI and VLF.

That is just around the corner!

For now, I just have to take 2 detectors with me, to sort out the

junk from the treasure!

See you in the goldfields!

~LARGO~