Nugget Shooter Forums

What is this????

richs

Guest bedrock bob

I was going to say an old plumb bob. They had a brass button on the bottom and the surveyors used them. They had little ones hanging from the transits and theodolites. It's smaller than the ones ive seen and they were usually brass, but the shape is right. I thought it was a pretty good guess until I scrolled down and saw SGTFDA's post. Now I believe that it is a buttplug.

Bob, how do you know what the butt plug looks like? :innocent0002: Now I've seen them in the squad room so I know what they look like. The young Officers use them in case someone pulls a gun on them and they crap themselves. :laught16:

Guest bedrock bob

It is not an archery point for sure.

I know what a buttplug looks like because I work for several dozen elected and appointed ones...remember I work in New Mexico State Government. They are a lot bigger but their heads are all shaped just like the photo.

I have done a few hundred miles of trenching and the buttons on the chain are similar, but they are bigger and super hard steel. These are only on a "rock chain" and they don't fasten with a knurled end like that.

The knurling suggests that it is to be turned with a finger. A kids top?

Rich...It's a collector's item...A Richard Geer felcher's memorial gerbil buttplug...They're on eBay for a couple grand in primo (shiney, slick, lubed) condition... :laught16: ...I hope you didn't pop it in to your mouth to suck the dirt off...Even slightly rusted they're only worth $.39, including postage... :rofl2: :woohoo: ...Cheers, Unc

Rich

Would that be a Bic or Papermate pen? :laught16: :laught16: :laught16:

I still say it is the tip of an aluminum or brass broad head arrow body. Some

of the old broad heads had soft metal bodies to hold the razors. A hard metal

tip was inserted in the end to take the impact.

You can see that it is bent and smashed on the end from impacting something

like a rock.