Nugget Shooter Forums

11 burros found shot to death

OldSalt

Man, this pisses me off to no end. Many of you probably already heard about this. I hope the a holes that did this get whats coming to them.

As the world gets crazier and the price of gold escalates, we all need to watch out for each other and watch our claims.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/stories...d.4547114a.html

PHOENIX – A number of wild burros were found shot to death Monday near Lake Pleasant.

A senseless massacre took place near scenic Lake Pleasant after 11 wild burros had been shot dead. The carcasses were found spread over several acres of public land.

BLM ranges say the burros were shot sometime last week and range in age from adult to newborn. Mathis explains, “Literally newborns. Some were recently born and some were right in the process. There was no mercy."

I agree. I think its also our modern society that has made some people insensitive to killing any type of creature. If everyone would follow the adage of "only kill what you eat" these fine creatures would still be alive.

Not only is this senseless and brutal, but it gives the libs more reason to take away/regulate our guns.

I hope there is a witness that can come forward.

Not only is this senseless and brutal, but it gives the libs more reason to take away/regulate our guns.

…and lock us out of public land. It only takes a couple a holes to ruin it for the rest of us. Some of the areas in the desert look like a landfill blew up. These idiots go out and shot up every old car and kitchen appliance they can get. If it keeps up we will have no guns and will be banned from public land.

I also hope they fisnd whomever did this and toss them in jail but playing devil's advocate here why should we care and why are they protected in the first place?

Invasive species are scorned and removed whenever possible yet we choose to protect just certain ones. You have to admit the whole thing is hypocritical.

In one of my past Plans Of Operations the FS wrote in an exclusion that would trminate our plan should a Northern Goshawk decide to move into the area. The wording they put in actually said that while no Northern Goshawks were known to inhabit that portion of the state they had determined that it was suitable habitat for them just in case they suddenly expanded their range by a few hundred miles. Using that logic I guess it should have also been protected in case a herd of elephants also decided to move in overnight.

Funny how the feral hogs that got loose near Cleator doesn't enjoy the same protections as the burros. Who makes these rules?

Hey Lotsaluck,

I know just what you mean. More than twenty years ago, I did a lot of prospecting in the Cleator-Black Canyon area. One year, during the winter, the pistol-packin' "Goat Lady" that was a watchman for one of the mines, died. She had a herd of about fifty Angora goats that she had on the side for extra income. After she died, the goats just went wild in the canyon and were in competition with the deer and javelinas for forage and water. Back then, Bill Cotee was in charge of the Pescott National Forest service. This was before the Eco-nazi's and Forest Fascists took control of the service, and people like Bill not only believed in "multiple Use", he believed in WISE and PRACTICAL use. Knowing that the local mountain lions would never be able to eliminate the wild goat problem, and not wanting to waste taxpayer money unnessessarily, he simply asked those of us who spent a lot of time in the canyon, to target practice when we saw goats. It eliminated the goats within two years, and many of us learned that campfire-roasted goat was good eatin' if you didn't let it dry out. I don't think that such a practical thing would be possible these days. First, there would be the environmental impact studies...........................................................

Ben

• 2 months later...

I have not heard anything.

I hope whoever did it dies a nice slow horrible death.....soon!

We have a couple burros that visit us a couple times a month. Last month they had a youngone tagging along with them. Cute little guy.