Nugget Shooter Forums

Wickenburg strewnfield?

I was at Chris G's outing Sat and John B gave a talk on his favorite subject (meteorites).

Nice display and very informative as well.

I never heard of the Wickenburg fall till then and would like to give it a go.

Are there any maps, or plots of the strewnfield? Were do I find them?

Thanks for any input

Bob

PS WTG Ron nice finds, keep it up, or would that be BEEP IT UP. :icon_mrgreen:

You might ask this question over on the meteorite forum...I don't think there is any official strewn field info...

Uncle Ron could provide additional info as he appears to be in the midst of the fall area but then we would all know where his secret patches are...so I doubt he will be giving out the coordinates...but,

Unc hopefully you are keeping a record of each piece for academic interests when you are finished with the area...

Fred

Well, he could follow me around and keep all the gold I find if I could keep the meteorites...

All dreams aside, I doubt he would want to devulge anything.

I'm sure he is as enthusiastic about finding meteorites as we all are.

[Erik]

Yo, Guys, Fred & Bob....Yep, I'm not ready to give up the coordinates or even general areas, especially since they've taken on new dimensions in the past weeks or so with some new finds being made...Plus, it's taken me two years, about 2,000 hours on the ground, to figure this all out...This meteorite stuff is so new to me that I'm not really sure what to do with it....I do have folks making offers that are really good, I'm just not educated enough on these space rocks to understand...But it's fun ... I'm Always hunting for gold when I find the meteorites, not the other way around, so that's a good thing, I think...Cheers, Unc

Yo, Guys, Fred & Bob....Yep, I'm not ready to give up the coordinates or even general areas, especially since they've taken on new dimensions in the past weeks or so with some new finds being made...Plus, it's taken me two years, about 2,000 hours on the ground, to figure this all out...This meteorite stuff is so new to me that I'm not really sure what to do with it....I do have folks making offers that are really good, I'm just not educated enough on these space rocks to understand...But it's fun ... I'm Always hunting for gold when I find the meteorites, not the other way around, so that's a good thing, I think...Cheers, Unc

Hey Uncle Ron

I saw sometime ago you looking for info about the Wickenburg meteorite. That is cool you found it. Do you think it true the first Wickenburg meteorite was found there in town?

Unc; I hope you know I am just stirring the pot a little bit.

I have some appreciation for the work and patience it takes to find gold and meteorites...especially a new area. So, while I tease you I really donot think you have any obligation to reveal information to anyone...

I was serious about recording the vital stats for each piece...the college-boys/girls like all that detail...

I love the aspect of possibly finding meteorites as I beep along on my quest for gold rocks...a little extra spice for the goose.

Fred