Nugget Shooter Forums

GMT Gold Settings?

freelancer79d

Hello All,

Usually don't post on this forum but I need some advice on settings for nuggetshooting with a GMT. I bought it mainly for meteorites but there is lots of gold all around me here in CA so why not find some gold to finance my meteorite collecting?

Hello All,

Usually don't post on this forum but I need some advice on settings for nuggetshooting with a GMT. I bought it mainly for meteorites but there is lots of gold all around me here in CA so why not find some gold to finance my meteorite collecting?

I start off by setting the gain at the recomended starting point, If the ground is rich w/minerials and is real noisey I will turn it back to reduce the noise. Then I set the threshold so I can barely hear it. I always set the S.A.T. all the way up when hunting Gold. Not to say that there isn't a better way, but I find the small gold. Doug

I start off by setting the gain at the recomended starting point, If the ground is rich w/minerials and is real noisey I will turn it back to reduce the noise. Then I set the threshold so I can barely hear it. I always set the S.A.T. all the way up when hunting Gold. Not to say that there isn't a better way, but I find the small gold. Doug

ARE YOU HUNTING WITH THESE TUNINGS IN AUTO OR MANUAL ???