Nugget Shooter Forums

A Successful Winter Meteorite Hunt!

Hi all,

Until Texas provides us with some excitement (a possible new fall), here is my latest meteorite hunt on film. Just a day in the life of a few meteorite hunters this past Valentines Day....

http://www.mr-meteorite.net/wintermeteoritehunt.htm

Ruben Garcia

Phoenix, Arizona

Articles: http://www.meteorite.com/blog/

Videos: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user...rfright&p=v

Ruben,

Congrats to you and the guys on some great finds. Nice video as usual, keep em coming. Jr is getting big, is he taller then you yet?

Zaya says hello.

Dean

That was a very fun hunt out there. I have to say that was one of the coldest night I spent out camping.

It sure makes for a good hunt when everyone finds one. Ruben Jr definitely got the nicest one,(leave him at home next time LOL!)

:bowdown: Nice job Jr you got the eye. Hot dogs for breakfast never tasted so good.

Here are some pic

SD530852.jpg

SD530853.jpg

SD530857.jpg

Aloha guys,

Nice finds for only 6 hours. Love the pics with the snow on the hills in the background. Gold Basin was cold as a witches t*t this weekend also. Met a couple of guys out there who were getting ready for an outing this saturday. Hope they bring more firewood tho as they will need it for sure.

Say Ruben, looks like Jr. may give you some competition in the near future at this rate. :laught16: Sort or like Ben and Erik!

Aloha and stay warm out there people.

Stan aka Kaimi

Aloha guys,

Nice finds for only 6 hours. Love the pics with the snow on the hills in the background. Gold Basin was cold as a witches t*t this weekend also. Met a couple of guys out there who were getting ready for an outing this saturday. Hope they bring more firewood tho as they will need it for sure.

Say Ruben, looks like Jr. may give you some competition in the near future at this rate. :laught16: Sort or like Ben and Erik!

Aloha and stay warm out there people.

Stan aka Kaimi

Hey Stan,

Ruben is a good meteorite hunter but not near as dedicated as Eric...

Oh boy what a hunt, I had a blast guys! Ruben thanks for teaching me a few things out there, they will definately help in the future. Video came out great too. Ruben Jr's eagle eyes scored the pretiest one for sure. :wubu: Of course I'm always envious of Mikes finds... he's awesome at this! Mike thanks for putting up with me all weekend! That was fun my friend I look forward to more hunts! Now here's some pics

Here's a good pic of Ruben and Jr-

RubenwithSon.jpg

Here's a pic of me next to the 5 grammer I found-

Delwithfind.jpg

In-situ pic-

5gramMeteoritein-situ.jpg

Close up pic of the total haul-

SundaysFinds.jpg

Shoot I just realised I didn't take a close up pic of my find. Have to do that tomorrow.

Del

Thats a pretty good score for that lake! The rain and wind gods were good to you guys. Hope you guys do as well if not better on the ext hunt. I'm going to hunt some desert pavement within the city limits tomorrow and I hope I have the same luck. Hopefully I'll get to hunt with you guys soon. Maybe we should do some cold find searching near the CA/AZ border or something.

Erik