Nugget Shooter Forums

Oppose Omnibus Land Grab Act of 2009 - Send a Letter in 1 minute Online

BobinNV

I received this from my local prospecting club, so I am passing it along. If this has already been posted, then my apologies.

The newly elected Congress may hold a vote in the next weeks on a massive land grab bill S.22 that will lock up millions of additional acres of public land, close thousands of miles of recreation trails, harm already struggling rural economies, further reduce renewable resource harvesting, be detrimental to forest health by eliminating all forest management, restrict property rights and hamstring energy exploration in the United States.

Click here to send a letter to your representative. After you fill out the forms, you will be sent an email with a link. You must click on the link in the e-mail in order for the letter to be sent. Very easy and very effective.

Done and its a very easy format to follow. there were over 3600 names on the list, I encourage all here to sign it.

Thanks Bob

As much as I Strongly Oppose S 22, you can call me a nutcase if you like, but why is such detailed perrsonal information or required fields noted with an asteric (*) needed here to Oppose this legislation?

What the hell does my street address, company, home phone # etc. have to do with "Submitting my firm Opposition" regarding Federal Legislation to a "website", at least from my perspective, where those "signing-up" don't have a clue regarding the site moderators capability of sharing the same info with anyone they choose???

Further more, do you remember in times past, at the bottom of your cardboard Social Security Card (government issued) it "stated".....NOT TO BE USED FOR IDENTIFACATION.....!??

The Easy Way is Not always the best and could be troblesome' later on!

This bill has been mentioned recently by others on the forum, to include myself. Do a forum seach and the contact phone numbers can be found or, Google the bill (S 22) and make your personal oppsition known via the contact #'s given. And BTW a "canned" response from any of these sites who offer them is meaningless, whats wrong with providing an Objection in your "own words".....short and sweet?

Gary

As much as I Strongly Oppose S 22, you can call me a nutcase if you like, but why is such detailed perrsonal information or required fields noted with an asteric (*) needed here to Oppose this legislation?

What the hell does my street address, company, home phone # etc. have to do with "Submitting my firm Opposition" regarding Federal Legislation to a "website", at least from my perspective, where those "signing-up" don't have a clue regarding the site moderators capability of sharing the same info with anyone they choose???

Further more, do you remember in times past, at the bottom of your cardboard Social Security Card (government issued) it "stated".....NOT TO BE USED FOR IDENTIFACATION.....!??

The Easy Way is Not always the best and could be troblesome' later on!

This bill has been mentioned recently by others on the forum, to include myself. Do a forum seach and the contact phone numbers can be found or, Google the bill (S 22) and make your personal oppsition known via the contact #'s given. And BTW a "canned" response from any of these sites who offer them is meaningless, whats wrong with providing an Objection in your "own words".....short and sweet?

Gary

I understand your concerns and they are valid, but they have to know where you live in order to send your letter to your local legislators. How else would they know who to send the letter too, and how will your local legislators and representatives know that you are a voter in their district if they don't know you live in their district? If your representative knows that you are a local citizen and can potentially vote in their district, they will take your letter more seriously. I am not to worried about who has my address since it can usually be found with an internet search anyway. I been using the same type of system for Numbers USA for over a year now and I always get a letter in the mail from my local representative after they receive them. It worked to stop the last Amnesty bill, so I will certainly continue to use these systems to correspond with my local representatives. I don't know of any other way for them to know who to send your letters too without this information. You don't have to use the canned messages. In addition, you can personalize your letter before sending it. That is what I did. If you are uncomfortable with using this system, you can always find your local representative information on the web and send a letter or fax that way. Just be sure to do something rather than nothing.