Nugget Shooter Forums

My Largest Find - Franconia

All:

My ship finally came in and we got it on film. During Larry’s trip through Arizona for his documentation of meteorite collectors and meteorite hunting, a group of us battled the rain and went to Franconia earlier this week. On the last day, just hours before I had to leave, I found this 300 gram beauty. :woohoo: :ROFL: This is my largest find over three years of hunting. :icon_mrgreen:

I also found a very small iron: it is about 0.5 grams.

Thanks to everyone there and to Larry for organizing the trip; it was a lot of fun.

Greg Stanley

post-3520-1234465275_thumb.jpgpost-3520-1234466002_thumb.jpg

Nice find, I was going to come out but it snowed here in Kingman so I stayed home.

I hope to get out there when it warms up some .

I would be open to a gathering at Gold Basin when it warms up some too, I can hunt gold and metorites there.... :icon_mrgreen:

Again that is a nice find :yourock:

Greg,

That is a sweet find! Way to go. The weather should never keep us away from a hunt. Rain, snow or shine its all good.

Congrats on the nice find.

Dean

Aloha Greg,

Awesome find guy. :woohoo: Wish I could have made it out there but Vegas was getting hammered with rain and snow flurries so I didn't feel like driving in that stuff for a day trip. Area sure looks familiar too. Guess you got that GMT figured out pretty good now eh.

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

Greg,

:whoopie: .......Congratulations, that is one mighty fine looking piece of Franconia area Chondrite.

Getting a Sacramento Wash 005 iron as well. Nice score!! Glad to hear that Larry managed to get some film of actual finds. Am sorry that I could not make it out, the outing just had to happen at a time when my plate was full. Hope that some of the others were rewarded for their efforts.

Jim

Aloha Greg,

BTW, I just noticed your avatar and need to know if you are going to put a smile on that puppy? :laught16:

Aloha and be safe out there.

Stan aka Kaimi