Nugget Shooter Forums

Franconia outing next week

Aloha everyone,

Here in Vegas we are getting hammered with rain and snow. So I looked up the weather prediction for the Kingman/Franconia area for next week and really got depressed after seeing what they predict. :tisc-tisc:

I was planning on going out for tuesday and wednesday and see that they expect temps of 45/32 on tuesday and 49/34 for wednesday with anywhere from 40% to 54% humidity and about 70% cloud cover. Not looking too good for this Hawaiian. Daytime temps I can handle BUT the nite time ones in the low 30's suck. I am going to flip a coin and pray to the weather gods that this changes for the better because I REALLY want to go meteorite hunting. I havn't been swinging my GMT for about two months now and am getting withdrawal symptoms.

Is anyone serious about going out there next week with the weather being the way it is being predicted? If so, I will show up and sufer along with everyone else.

Aloha and cross your fingers for better weather! :bowdown:

Stan aka Kaimi

Aloha everyone,

Here in Vegas we are getting hammered with rain and snow. So I looked up the weather prediction for the Kingman/Franconia area for next week and really got depressed after seeing what they predict. :tisc-tisc:

I was planning on going out for Tuesday and Wednesday and see that they expect temps of 45/32 on tuesday and 49/34 for Wednesday with anywhere from 40% to 54% humidity and about 70% cloud cover. Not looking too good for this Hawaiian. Daytime temps I can handle BUT the nite time ones in the low 30's suck. I am going to flip a coin and pray to the weather gods that this changes for the better because I REALLY want to go meteorite hunting. I haven't been swinging my GMT for about two months now and am getting withdrawal symptoms.

Is anyone serious about going out there next week with the weather being the way it is being predicted? If so, I will show up and sufer along with everyone else.

Aloha and cross your fingers for better weather! :bowdown:

Stan aka Kaimi

Aloha...Kaimi...It appears we are socked in by the weather. Hoping for an opening by next weekend...a couple of new mods on the detector I'm dieing to try out. One good thing about being a weather man is you can be wrong and still can say...I'm only human...

Stan , after lookng at the weather I have decided not to go....I will wait for a little warmer days.

For those who choose to go, :icon_mrgreen: Happy Hunting

Just a little insight as to the weather....this is Monday and it is a SNOWING

brrrrrrrrrr.....Not sure as to what it is doing at Franconia but it is snowing here in Kingman.

Have fun :laught16::laught16::laught16: :icon_mrgreen: :laught16::laught16:

brrrrrrrrrr.....Not sure as to what it is doing at Franconia but it is snowing here in Kingman.

Hey Rick, How far is Franconia from Fort Mojave? I am trying to plan a trip out there and have some friends there in Fort Mojave.

As far as distance goes I am not sure but I think it is only abbout 35 miles or so....not to far at all.

Maybe some one else on the forum might know the exact numbers.

Right now I imagine it will be wet cold and I will wait for a little warmer to hunt .

Maybe we cam get a Gold Basin outing in March for hunting.....might be fun.

It's about time you people in Az get some snow. :laught16::laught16::laught16: Why should people in the midwest be the only ones to suffer? :laught16::laught16::laught16:

Steve