Nugget Shooter Forums

New Member Advice??????

The Defender

I have been reading the boards the last couple of weeks. I have been detecting for about 10 years but being overseas in the military it was always coin and relic hunting. My partner at work was talking about wanting to "find gold" and that started the conversation. I had never really thought about hunting gold even though i have been in California for a few years now. I have read everything i can get my hands on and trying to research my local area. I have found a semi-dry riverbed that we planned on trying tomorrow, but the rain has put a stop to that. I'm in Riverside County and was wondering if anyone has any advice and/or locations for a couple of newbies. I know of three old gold mines in my area, but i'm not sure about hunting the land because of ownership issues. The dry riverbed seems pretty safe.

I beleive that a total newbie's best bet is to start with a local club you have these available close to your area:

Southwest Prospectors & Miners Assoc. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/spma2/?yguid=131021912,

http://www.valleyprospectors.net/ and in your own home town , http://www.goldprospectors.org/ .

Start with these and you willsoom make the contacts you need to advance.

:luck:

I have been reading the boards the last couple of weeks. I have been detecting for about 10 years but being overseas in the military it was always coin and relic hunting. My partner at work was talking about wanting to "find gold" and that started the conversation. I had never really thought about hunting gold even though i have been in California for a few years now. I have read everything i can get my hands on and trying to research my local area. I have found a semi-dry riverbed that we planned on trying tomorrow, but the rain has put a stop to that. I'm in Riverside County and was wondering if anyone has any advice and/or locations for a couple of newbies. I know of three old gold mines in my area, but i'm not sure about hunting the land because of ownership issues. The dry riverbed seems pretty safe.

Yepper. Club claims can be tough but still have gold. Also you have fun meeting people and you get the stress of wondering about where you are so you can work on the learning part. Also look for BLM long term visitor areas. We have one here called the La Posa long term visitor area and the whole thing is open to detecting. It's been worked but it's still safe ground. Have fun!!!

Yepper. Club claims can be tough but still have gold. Also you have fun meeting people and you get the stress of wondering about where you are so you can work on the learning part. Also look for BLM long term visitor areas. We have one here called the La Posa long term visitor area and the whole thing is open to detecting. It's been worked but it's still safe ground. Have fun!!!

Former USAF here too. As strange as it sounds, i enjoy the research also. I will check out the local club. My partner, at work, is also retired USAF. Guess we are every where!

Ok....lets not forget about Navy here............hehehe :laught16:

Former USAF here too. As strange as it sounds, i enjoy the research also. I will check out the local club. My partner, at work, is also retired USAF. Guess we are every where!