Nugget Shooter Forums

Tesoro Lobo Detector

Can somebody tell me the difference between the Tesoro Lobo and the Tesoro Lobo Super Trac?? I am looking for a descent first detector and I found a couple used super tracs for $400 but, I was not fast enough and missed them, Which made me think it was probably a pretty good price. Then I also found a Lobo origional (not Super Trac) for the same price... Is it basically the early version of the same detector or are they totally different?? Is it worth $400 also or should I hold out for a Super Trac or maybe even a Whites?? It seemed to me that the older Lobo should not be as much as a Super Trac... unless they are pretty much the same thing...

Thanks

Jeff

The supertrac, is auto ground balance, and tracking, the old lobo, is manual, ground balance and you will have to ajust it as you detect, while the supertrac, will do it for you. Supertrac is a much better unit, used, $350.00- 500.00 depending on what you get with it. Grubstake

:icon_mrgreen: so does the TLST-excellent machine built industrial tough and guaranteed forever when your the original buyer. I have all the coils for real great use. Tesoro just rebuilt,new pots,new coils,battery holders and dozens of things FOR FREE including shipping on my 25 year old GS--now thats QUALITY !!tons a u 2 u 2-John

Aloha Jeff,

I am with Frank C on this one. If you can, hold out for a whites GMT. Whites has a very good service record and they are always there for you when you really need them.

could be I am a liitle prejudiced on this one as I own a GMT, BUT Whites has always stood behind their products and I have always been given great service whenever I needed it. Good luck on your choice whatever it may be tho.

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

BTW, i did own a lobo super trac at one time and found some pretty neat stuff with it BUT I still love my GMT more. :innocent0009:

Stan

Glad that GMT is working out for you. That's a hot unit!

Aloha Sgt.,

Everytime I find something of value i always wonder who got the better deal on our trade. Love this GMT and still cant figure out how you let this one get away. :confused0013:

Hope you are doing great with that 45 long colt!

Aloha and be safe out there.

Stan aka Kaimi

Stan

A friend for many years now has that gun. I gave it to him as a gift. But hell I did not end up on the bad end of that deal. I found a friend in Vegas (Stan) + a $500 bracelet I found with that detector the first time I used it.