Nugget Shooter Forums

GOLDSTUDMUFFIN leather control box cover

SGTFDA

Guest bedrock bob
I just had to have one. I was tired of the oversized cammo cover. Made one on my sewing machine. I can see all my control switches now.

Sweet! So do you have enough leather left to make one for a 2100?

The depression is on the way and you need to learn to make things. I picked up a heavy duty gear driven sewing machine from the 50's, read the book and away I go( I'm mechanically inclined). I made a big man bag for work to carry all my clubs, handcuffs, extra chewing tobacco and ammo. At first the guys busted my crack (had to spit a little tobacco juice on them). Next thing you know I was fixing their torn crap. I'm not only their Daddy but now their Mommie.

There is nothing to making a leather cover. You don't need a sewing machine. Just a piece of leather. I just stiched a extra piece of leather on the bottom and put some stiching on the edges. You don't need to do that. You can use leather lace to attach the top. Just punch some holes. Or you can get a snap kit from the fabric store.

post-384-1233930866_thumb.jpg

post-384-1233930888_thumb.jpg

Steve,

I like that camo also. Did you put the camo clad on your truck or did someone do it for you?

SGTFDA,

Would you be able to copy the wrap around cover with leather? I like to have the feet of the detector box protected also. Since I upgrade when a new Minelab comes out, it helps for resale if the feet look new. I never beep without a complete cover. Take care.

Cheers,

matt

Steve,

I like that camo also. Did you put the camo clad on your truck or did someone do it for you?

Cheers,

matt

I had a pro put the camo on my truck, I just used some of the leftover for the coil box, it totally scratch proofs the box....... I also put some of that clear scratch proof stuff they use on cellphone screens on the LCD screen for protection

Guest goldstudmuffin

Wow Sgt, you did a great job on the cover, not having a pattern to follow.

I like the leather because it won't pick up catus spines catus when you set the detector down to dig a target. I've even had cholla (jumping catus) stick on the foam covers when walking by them. :WOW:

Did you sew a liner inside the leather? Looks like you could start a side bussiness. :whoopie: Great Job!

You guys are killing me.The whole object is to get you guys to try to make some of your own stuff. Trust me it's not hard. Russ I knew there was a method to your madness. I did not line it. The stichings was for future reinforcement. I made a top piece to match but had to use a different leather for the inside. Ran out of the other stuff. The guy I get leather from is a saddle maker and shows up at the flea market on labor day only. I used my 2000GPM for my pattern and it may not be the same size as a regular unit. My unit is a bastard child put together by Ismael Jones (though a sweet one) and I think the end pieces came from a 2200.

I would never charge a friend and I consider all you guys on the forum friends.

Not only can I sew I can cook too. If I ever turned queer I would make a good mate. Right now I'm addicted to crack so forget it. :laught16:

post-384-1233941531_thumb.jpg

You guys are killing me.The whole object is to get you guys to try to make some of your own stuff. Trust me it's not hard. Russ I knew there was a method to your madness. I did not line it. The stichings was for future reinforcement. I made a top piece to match but had to use a different leather for the inside. Ran out of the other stuff. The guy I get leather from is a saddle maker and shows up at the flea market on labor day only. I used my 2000GPM for my pattern and it may not be the same size as a regular unit. My unit is a bastard put together by Ismael Jones (thought one sweet bastard) and I think the end pieces came from a 2200.

I would never charge a friend and I consider all you guys on the forum friends.

Not only can I sew I can cook too. If I ever turned queer I would make a good mate. Right now I'm addicted to crack so forget it. :laught16:

Too funny :laught16::laught16::laught16:

I just had to have one. I was tired of the oversized cammo cover. Made one on my sewing machine. I can see all my control switches now.

Years ago when Doc was first getting started, he had those in his inventory. At one time he had a whole story posted on his site about how he went to Mexico and contracted with one of the locals to make them for him. Quite a story as Doc tells it.

Anyway, he may still have some around gathering dust if one would contact him.

Here's a pic of the one that I made. It's a little different and simpler to make since it was to chest mount the box. Just a big hunk of leather and a wide strip of Velcro sewn on the top.

Digger Bob

post-413-1233950009_thumb.jpg

Yeah I miss it too....well I decided to give the complainers a different view of a rock. Look real close if you havent noticed.