Nugget Shooter Forums

Nugget Hunting at it's Best!

Let’s see, where shall I start. After selling my 4500 I vowed never to set fourth in the foothills of CA. again. Because no matter what I did I would get poison oak, so I sold my 4500.

Then I received emails from LuckyLundy explaining his ritual of how he avoids the ivy for he used to get it in the military real bad.

Well a few months go bye and I got the bug again to detect, Minelab sent out a memo to their dealers and the 4000 was on sale for a limited time under $3K, so I bought one.

Off to the foothills again and LuckyLundy’s suggestions worked great. I would get a small rash from time to time but it would not spread, I can live with that.

Only finding trash and lead in my area. Lucky, invited me to join him for the day on the farm in hopes of helping me get that imbedded skunk off my back. We met at a mutual place not to far from the farm and Lucky gave me a tour and a lesson on the geology in that area.

Lucky put me in a patch that produced many nuggets in the past while he ventured close guiding me. Seems like every 30 minutes Lucky would yell to me “I GOT ONE”, do you have any yet? And I would bow my head down and say NO, but I got some trash.

Another 30 minutes and Lucky would yell “I GOT ANOTHER”, do you have any yet?

And I would answer no. This kept up till Lucky had 5 nuggets.

We sat down for some grub and talked about prospecting, family and whatever else came to mind. After lunch he grabbed his pick and took me to his new patch. I would swing the coil and Lucky would dig. Once the target was in the scoop we would both be kneeled down with anticipation of pulling out a nugget and for the first 4 digs we got trash.

The fifth target was the skunk buster. We where both kneeled down, the hole was about 9” deep and Lucky pulls out another scoop and I see something yellow. He grabbed it and handed it to me, my eye’s where popping, WOW! What a nugget you found and handed it to me. I said “It’s your patch, I can’t keep this and handed it back”, he looked at me and said, “No, you keep it, make a pendant or something, you deserve it” and handed it back to me. I said “Are you sure, this is an awesome nugget” and he said “Take it!”

post-21152-1233618498_thumb.jpg

It turns out this nugget weighs 18.4 DWT and it looks like the lady on the mud flaps some truckers have. So Lucky named her the “Lady Nugget”. For the next few day’s I just did not feel right accepting this nugget since it was Lucky’s patch so to make me feel better, I purchased a few accessories for his detector.

Lucky’s scale say’s 18.4DWT and my scale says 1 oz. I like my scale better since it is weighs an ounce, not a TROY ounce, but an ounce. Lol , Can I say I made it to the 1oz club?

post-21152-1233618508_thumb.jpgpost-21152-1233618517_thumb.jpg

Anyways, I just want to say that you don’t meet many people like LuckyLundy who goes that extra mile to help people out, so they too can enjoy a hobby that he has enjoyed for so many years. This is a nugget that most dream of but finding they never do and Lucky had no issues of letting me keep my dream!

HOW AWESOME IS THAT!

While not as lucky as you were, I have had the wonderful experience of spending time with "Lucky" also. He is just great to be around because he is so concerned that his guest will find gold! He also wanted to help dig my targets..... no way!

If you ever want that beauty to be a pendant, get in touch with me!

What a beautiful first nugget!!! You are fortunate to meet such a generous person and hopefully a longtime friend...

That looks a bit like a dragon with the head toward the bottom...could have been the dragon-lady nugget..............

Fred

Tony thats a beauty. There's a lot of guys in this hobby that spend many years dreaming of scoring a nugget like that. Fortunately you are now one of the few that has scored big so pat yourself on the back.

As for joing the Oz club, I've always wondered if thats Troy or regular. :confused0013: I would imagine Troy since thats what gold is measured in.

Congrats!

Del

Cooter, Casey, Del,

Thanks for the Congrats! it has been some time since I scored, and heaven knows I have been trying.

Fred,

Not my first nugget but diffenently the BIGGEST, although I can count all my nuggets on 1 hand.

Steve,

Yea, not sure about this nugget, but the first one I ever found is a beautiful alluvial nugget which I think would make a great pendant, I will shoot you a picture and tell me what you think. Lucky said you guys had a great time!!.

Tony Teixeira

Wow, Tony...That is an eye popper for sure...And what a great story to go along with a beautful piece of gold...Congratulations to both you and LL for several notable aspects to this experience....WTG LL and Tony...Cheers, Unc

Tony,

Hey it was a great day and your a High Quality person. Nope, Tony pulled out the big one in that patch, there was a handfull of nice ones but not in that league! I've retired that patch it's as quiet as a mouse, I do look at it from a far and can still vision the day the "Lady Nugget" exposed herself.

Here's my nugget's of that day, with the "Lady Nugget"

30Dec08VetDig009.jpg

Let’s see, where shall I start. After selling my 4500 I vowed never to set fourth in the foothills of CA. again. Because no matter what I did I would get poison oak, so I sold my 4500.

Then I received emails from LuckyLundy explaining his ritual of how he avoids the ivy for he used to get it in the military real bad.

Well a few months go bye and I got the bug again to detect, Minelab sent out a memo to their dealers and the 4000 was on sale for a limited time under $3K, so I bought one.

Off to the foothills again and LuckyLundy’s suggestions worked great. I would get a small rash from time to time but it would not spread, I can live with that.

Only finding trash and lead in my area. Lucky, invited me to join him for the day on the farm in hopes of helping me get that imbedded skunk off my back. We met at a mutual place not to far from the farm and Lucky gave me a tour and a lesson on the geology in that area.

Lucky put me in a patch that produced many nuggets in the past while he ventured close guiding me. Seems like every 30 minutes Lucky would yell to me “I GOT ONE”, do you have any yet? And I would bow my head down and say NO, but I got some trash.

Another 30 minutes and Lucky would yell “I GOT ANOTHER”, do you have any yet?

And I would answer no. This kept up till Lucky had 5 nuggets.

We sat down for some grub and talked about prospecting, family and whatever else came to mind. After lunch he grabbed his pick and took me to his new patch. I would swing the coil and Lucky would dig. Once the target was in the scoop we would both be kneeled down with anticipation of pulling out a nugget and for the first 4 digs we got trash.

The fifth target was the skunk buster. We where both kneeled down, the hole was about 9” deep and Lucky pulls out another scoop and I see something yellow. He grabbed it and handed it to me, my eye’s where popping, WOW! What a nugget you found and handed it to me. I said “It’s your patch, I can’t keep this and handed it back”, he looked at me and said, “No, you keep it, make a pendant or something, you deserve it” and handed it back to me. I said “Are you sure, this is an awesome nugget” and he said “Take it!”

post-21152-1233618498_thumb.jpg

It turns out this nugget weighs 18.4 DWT and it looks like the lady on the mud flaps some truckers have. So Lucky named her the “Lady Nugget”. For the next few day’s I just did not feel right accepting this nugget since it was Lucky’s patch so to make me feel better, I purchased a few accessories for his detector.

Lucky’s scale say’s 18.4DWT and my scale says 1 oz. I like my scale better since it is weighs an ounce, not a TROY ounce, but an ounce. Lol , Can I say I made it to the 1oz club?

post-21152-1233618508_thumb.jpgpost-21152-1233618517_thumb.jpg

Anyways, I just want to say that you don’t meet many people like LuckyLundy who goes that extra mile to help people out, so they too can enjoy a hobby that he has enjoyed for so many years. This is a nugget that most dream of but finding they never do and Lucky had no issues of letting me keep my dream!

HOW AWESOME IS THAT!

Tony what a find , I guess that they grow big in Ca. I am still waiting for one that size. Doug
Tony,

Hey it was a great day and your a High Quality person. Nope, Tony pulled out the big one in that patch, there was a handfull of nice ones but not in that league! I've retired that patch it's as quiet as a mouse, I do look at it from a far and can still vision the day the "Lady Nugget" exposed herself.

Here's my nugget's of that day, with the "Lady Nugget"

30Dec08VetDig009.jpg

Lucky I know that Tony thinks that you are a great guy for helping him, and I do too. Keep up the good work and you will be rewarded for it. Doug