Nugget Shooter Forums

I almost did not get to hunt on Saturday but at the last minute I headed out for a quick hunt. It is very small but since it is the first gold I found with a metal detector I am going to call it a nugget. I found it south of Rich Hill using a GMT with the 8x14 Goldmax coil. It sure was nice driving home not smelling like a skunk this time.

post-21385-1233588740_thumb.jpg

post-21385-1233588751_thumb.jpg

That is absolutely a nugget, H. ..... WTG! Great find...Cheers, Unc

CONGRATS.......

That sure is a good looking nugget, has much character.

How many times have you been out detcting before you found your first?

Thanks

Tony Teixeira

Tony,

It took me about 40 solid hours of detecting. My first time out was December 7th and since then I have been out 7 times but two of the times I used a sluice and only detected my tailings.

That's awesome man. Definately a respectable nugget. Instead of being sad because it's small you should be like the veterans on this forum. They are proud of their small nuggets because it tells them they are running their detector properly and they aren't missing any gold. You keep that coil on the ground and you'll find more.

That's awesome man. Definately a respectable nugget. Instead of being sad because it's small you should be like the veterans on this forum. They are proud of their small nuggets because it tells them they are running their detector properly and they aren't missing any gold. You keep that coil on the ground and you'll find more.

Thanks Jag, I am actually happier then a pig in $hit with my little nugget. I was so surprised that I found gold that I immediately packed up my medal detector and headed home to show my wife. I am just getting use to the terminology. I would normally call this a picker or flake because a nugget to me would be whole lot more substantial.

Casey,

That is definetly a NUGGET. :whoopie: I am happy for you and knew you had what it takes, you have beaten the odds and defifed the experts that all say it takes a year, I was waiting on you to post it so I could brag on you. :headphones: .

Now you know where that one was and you know the spot I told you about, if you need a detailed map let me know. I am awarding you a brand new gold scale to weight the rest of them on, stop and pick it up when you come by next! They are waiting on you! :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

Continued :luck: to you.

Max

Thanks Jag, I am actually happier then a pig in $hit with my little nugget. I was so surprised that I found gold that I immediately packed up my medal detector and headed home to show my wife. I am just getting use to the terminology. I would normally call this a picker or flake because a nugget to me would be whole lot more substantial.

BobinNV,

I told you so! But I cound't let the cat out of the bag until Casey posted :innocent0009: , man I just know his cell phone was discharged by the time he got home :laught16::laught16: He has got the touch!

max

Beautiful Nugget Casey.
Casey,

That is definetly a NUGGET. :whoopie: I am happy for you and knew you had what it takes, you have beaten the odds and defifed the experts that all say it takes a year, I was waiting on you to post it so I could brag on you. :headphones: .

Now you know where that one was and you know the spot I told you about, if you need a detailed map let me know. I am awarding you a brand new gold scale to weight the rest of them on, stop and pick it up when you come by next! They are waiting on you! :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

Continued :luck: to you.

Max

Max,

That is a real generous offer of you. I think I know where the area is that you told me about but if you have a map that would help a lot. I am sure that it would have taken me a lot longer to find my first nugget if I did not have all the help from you and others. I have spent countless hours reading all the achieved posts on this and other forums and without all the contributors to these forums it would have been a lot harder to learn what I have so far.

BobinNV,

I told you so! But I cound't let the cat out of the bag until Casey posted :innocent0009: , man I just know his cell phone was discharged by the time he got home :laught16::laught16: He has got the touch!

max

I probably would have ran my cell phone dead if I had a signal the whole way home.

Envy is one of the 7 deadly sins.......I guess I am going to Hell!

Great Job!

Casey, I wiped a loop all over the Stanton /Rich hill area for 3 years when I lived there and then that couple found that huge nugget! Its the persistance that gets the repeat nuggets and the willingness to dig every target.

One time at a "push" on Rich Hill I got a signal right up aganist a big boulder and thought it was because I was

bumping the loop aganist it so I didn't dig, later a guy dug under the edge and got a 7 OZer, it was just a plain no feature chunk of gold but it was 7 OZ!!!!! That taught me a lesson and I have dug many a beer can since!

You will most likey find the brother to the one you found saturday close by, ya just got to get the loop over it!

Go back and get him and his cousins.

BTW: My first one was the size of this "*" and took me a lot longer, I won't say how long!!

Max

See you Saturday ???

Max

Max,

That is a real generous offer of you. I think I know where the area is that you told me about but if you have a map that would help a lot. I am sure that it would have taken me a lot longer to find my first nugget if I did not have all the help from you and others. I have spent countless hours reading all the achieved posts on this and other forums and without all the contributors to these forums it would have been a lot harder to learn what I have so far.

I probably would have ran my cell phone dead if I had a signal the whole way home.

Congrats on your Nugget, it has a lot of character as someone else posted.

I have just over 200 hours of detecting time and have yet to find my first Detected gold (i have a couple oz's of fines and flakes and a few pickers from panning/sluicing/dredging/etc) but nothing with my detector.

I have a 5 gallon bucket FULL of bullets and bullet fragments, little pieces of barbed wire, shell casings, etc. Lots of trash...it is amazing what will wedge itself into fractured bedrock lol.

Again, a great Nugget.

Nathan

• 2 weeks later...

Like Uncle Ron just said: "That is absolutely a nugget" ,.............no doubt about it,..........and it's not so small either. The smallest nugget that I have found as yet (with my GMT) was the size of a "safety-pin-head". It was burried about 2 1/2" down in a crack in the bedrock with rocks, mud and sand covering it. When I finally got it out of the crack and into my scoop, I had taken rocks and sand out of the scoop over and over again until there wasn't but about a 1/2" of fine dirt in the bottom. When I poured the remaining dirt out onto my hand I had to literally take my glasses off and squint just to see what was was still giving me a signal. I couldn't believe my eyes when I finally caught site of it,.......I had to take a 2nd and 3rd look to believe it. But it was a nugget, and it was solid-gold.

Keep-her-up,

Gary