Nugget Shooter Forums

New Patch Finds

Uncle Ron

Yo All...I've been researching an old placer area up in the Vulture Mountains far west of Wickenburg...I hit a little gulch a couple weeks ago for a couple nuggets, then went on an extended hike...I've covered a lot of ground and a bunch of gulches and gullys up to today...Today I found an area where the old timers ripped up some surface quartz out crops...Lots of surface trash, and then, this afternoon, just before sundown, I hit an indicator nugget...0.4 DWT... Then, down the gulley, right in the middle of the gully, underneath an obnoxious palo verde, I hit this interesting 1/4 OZT nugget, showing some real dark purple quartz...Can't wait to get back there over the next few days....I'm getting really addicted to the prospecting part of our hobby...It is very rewarding to research and observe certain mineralization and then see that observation pay off in nuggest....Cheers, Unc

post-9-1233293119_thumb.jpg

post-9-1233293155_thumb.jpg

post-9-1233293210_thumb.jpg

post-9-1233293247_thumb.jpg

Thanx for the addoboys, all..Tony, that little dink on top will challenge the best GoldBug 2 efforts...I am blown away by this Coilteck 6" when paired up with my other upgrades...Back to birdshot again... :icon_mrgreen: :innocent0009: Cheers, Unc

Ah ... Inspector Ron ... great detective work! Looks like you are in the money ... ah ... gold now!!

BTW ... Thanks for the maps! I did notice that there weren't any "X" marks on the maps though. :grrr01: You must have put those on with that disappearing ink pen of yours! :innocent0009: You know the one you mark the maps with the secret spots and by the time it reaches the cutomer it has all faded away! :hmmmmmm: :laught16:

Mike F

You are the man Ron! Bushwacking a new spot and working that set up. How deep you digging with the 6" coil? Never thought of using a coil that small on my 2000. I'm working on a treasure project and will be searching a steep rock ledge area about 1 mile long. That 6" coil is perfect. Thanks for the heads up on the coil! I just ordered one from DOC.

Yo Martin...It was right on the surface no deeper than an inch...That 6" CT is as sensitive, if not more so, than the GB2 6"....But it goes much deeper...The signal wasn't loud but it wasn't a whisper by any means..a definite signal...It was kinda hard to pinpoint, though...Cheers, Unc

Uncle Ron.

Those are some outstanding finds. Thank you for sharing them with us. One thing is bothering me, though. Those nuggets look suspiciously like some blingy dental work I've seen. Are you sure that YOU found THEM or did THEY find YOU? Seriously though, be very cautious if you are oot-and-aboot anywhere near the border. I hear that very nasty things can happen very quickly to very nice people down there.

Cheers, lvlagnum.

Thanks Ron. You made my blood rush with that info. You know how I love to see how low I can go. Until now the venerable GB2 has been my mainstay in the Lilliputian world. I wonder if the 6" CT would be as sensitive when mounted on my GP Extreme as it is while on sniffing duty for your Old Baboo? This is a GREAT LEAD. Thanks a million for the info! Now my head is spinning with new possibilities.

Here's a better photo of the quarter oz'er after cleaning it up and focusing the camera! :laught16: ...Cheers, Unc

post-9-1233459991_thumb.jpg

Yo All...I've been researching an old placer area up in the Vulture Mountains far west of Wickenburg...I hit a little gulch a couple weeks ago for a couple nuggets, then went on an extended hike...I've covered a lot of ground and a bunch of gulches and gullys up to today...Today I found an area where the old timers ripped up some surface quartz out crops...Lots of surface trash, and then, this afternoon, just before sundown, I hit an indicator nugget...0.4 DWT... Then, down the gulley, right in the middle of the gully, underneath an obnoxious palo verde, I hit this interesting 1/4 OZT nugget, showing some real dark purple quartz...Can't wait to get back there over the next few days....I'm getting really addicted to the prospecting part of our hobby...It is very rewarding to research and observe certain mineralization and then see that observation pay off in nuggest....Cheers, Unc

way to go Ron,It's great to see hard work pay off. Doug