Nugget Shooter Forums

Grubstake

grubstake

Well guys, due to family problems, shity economy, and other personal problems. I won't be on any of the forums for awhile. I'll look in once in awhile. Your all a great bunch. Take care. Grubstake

Hope this finds you well.

Hey Grubby ... All the best to you and family ... that whatever the troubles be stilled and you can come back to the forums ... all of them ... soon! You will be missed!

Mike F.

Well guys, due to family problems, shity economy, and other personal problems. I won't be on any of the forums for awhile. I'll look in once in awhile. Your all a great bunch. Take care. Grubstake

Grub, there are times we all make hasty decisions and forget we have friends that will miss us. Your friends on the forums are a place to turn to when we have family problems, shitty economy and other personal problems staring you in the face.

I've read many of your posts and hope you will find a way to continue. You'll be missed on "my" computer.

Good luck.

bill

"bask'n in sunny slab city"

I'm sorry man, hope it straightens out soon. I am personally getting a few rejection letters based on current economical conditions :grrr01:

I'm kind of in the same kind of deal Bill Southern is in, Two more mouths to feed, and a 40 year old that is pregnant by a married guy, and she's too sick to work. My wifes daughter. I don't know how long, or what will happen, but our little income just barely supports us. I may have to give up internet for a bit. Grubstake

Grub, there are times we all make hasty decisions and forget we have friends that will miss us. Your friends on the forums are a place to turn to when we have family problems, shitty economy and other personal problems staring you in the face.

I've read many of your posts and hope you will find a way to continue. You'll be missed on "my" computer.

Good luck.

bill

"bask'n in sunny slab city"

Ya talking about Slab City just east of Niland by the Salton City???

hey grubsteak, we never met but sometimes it feels as though i know you by reading all your posts. really sorry to hear you will be leaving for awhile. we all will miss your input and ideas. wishing you the very best and take care of your self. hope to see you again soon. thanks ron

I'm kind of in the same kind of deal Bill Southern is in, Two more mouths to feed, and a 40 year old that is pregnant by a married guy, and she's too sick to work. My wifes daughter. I don't know how long, or what will happen, but our little income just barely supports us. I may have to give up internet for a bit. Grubstake

If you have a library near you they have free internet access. Good luck.

Well thanks all, this make twice in my life, I've had to deal with family crap, that don't make sence in the first place, I told my wife her daughter needed metal conseling. I went through all of this with my daughter a few years back, almost drove me nuts. Thank god she's got her life somewhat put back together, at least she's off drugs, and has her own place to live and her kids back. Any wonder why! I've had so many heart attack? Boy! Funny I left home when I was 16 years old and never looked back, never had to move in with any family, or depend on anyone but myself. Kids sure look at things different now days. Grubstake

Gary

My old Chief had the same issue. I told him to get a smaller place, he did and they stopped moving back in. Hope all goes OK. The Lord never gives us a cross that we can't carry.

Grubstake.

It certainly sounds like you have been "hit by lightning" at least twice. Or perhaps "hit by a freight train" would be a better term.

The public library free internet access that Paulm mentioned is a good idea. If you know where to look, there are usualy public facilities, schools, senior's clubs, veteran's clubs or such close by that would be happy to help you out with free internet access using their computers.

Another idea is that there are free internet service providers (ISPs) that will give you a certain amount of free dial-up internet access time at home in exchange for you viewing their advertisements whenever you are online. One that I know of is called NetZero at www.netzero.net. Another is called Juno at www.juno.com. I believe they are both owned by the same company. Just click on the tiny little link that says "Free ISP" on either of those two websites. They will give you up to 10 free hours of internet per month and if you need more than that you can get unlimited internet access for $4.97 a month for the first three months and $9.95 a month after that.

An even better idea is one that I used ten years ago. Many ISPs will give you a certain number of free trial months just for the asking. You have to give them a credit card number when you register so that if you go over the free period you will start paying. But as long as you call them to disconnect before your free trial period is over, you don't owe them a penny. In fact, some ISPs will even give you additional free months when you call to disconnect. The kind folks at AOL gave me three free months and when I called to disconnect, the nice young lady insisted on giving me another two free months. When I called AOL to disconnect the second time, she gave me another two free months. When I called AOL the thid time to disconnect, I finaly had to put my foot down and refuse another two free months. The first year and a half that I was on the internet, I only paid for one month and in that instance it was a "pay for one month and get three months" deal.

I hope this information is of use to you and anyone else who has need of it.

Cheers, lvlagnum.

I dealt with a son who was a drug addict for over 20 years. Finally learned to turn him out on the streets and he ended up in prison. He has been off drugs in there for 2 years and is a totally different person. I am like you. Married and had a kid at 18 and gave my kids just about whatever they wanted. I often wonder why I am still around. I hope you can find a way to keep on the net because it can get real lonely and depressing when all of the crap in the world is stepping on your neck. Not good for Momma either. Hang in there and tough it out until it blows up then move on with what is left of your life. Good luck.

Hi Grubstake, I kind of know where you are coming from as I am tied down at present taking care of my Mom who is 99 1/2 yr now. I won't be getting out much if any and sure do miss it. I am sure Shep will keep us posted as to how you are doing. Hopefully things will get better and they usually do. Go over and drink some of Sheps coffee and use his puter to drop us a line. Never met you but sure do enjoy your posts.

hey grub, i'm one of those guys that came on to this hobby like gangbusters when i found out how much fun it is. but allas you have probably not heard from me in a long time because life once again grabed me by the balzz & reminded me that i have other obligations, specially now with the economy the way it is. I joined gpaa, pcsc, route 66 prospectors etc. etc. I have met several of the people that ....... i guess i secretly wish i was more like them... micro nugget, bob duncan. & lots of people i have not met, like yourself that i sometimes envy. born in argentina, been here since i was 6 never been back. I have family back there but untill now, this site, & you i have a renewed interest in going back to visit.( darn that gold fever lol.) to make a long story short ( too late?) I hope u pop in often because you will be missed by people you didnt even know existed. good luck in all u do grubstake u are a one of a kind.

diggitdawg.

I have never met you either Grub, but like many before me have said, I enjoy reading your posts. Your humor and insight are always a welcomed read.

I hope you can figure out a way between free interenet, library internet access, friends computers, etc to keep in touch with all of us. You have more 'friends' here and on Nuggethunting.com's forums than you might realize.

Don't go for too long at a time, it makes it harder to catch up on all the posts :)

Nathan.