Nugget Shooter Forums

Trommel under construction

I have been away for awhile but not inactive in prospecting. Ihave been working on a trommel from Bill and Lindas prospecting that I bought the palns for. Attached is some pics of my progress. I have all the major components. Finally getting it together.

post-635-1232983508_thumb.jpg

post-635-1232983546_thumb.jpg

post-635-1232983641_thumb.jpg

post-635-1232983653_thumb.jpg

post-635-1232983532_thumb.jpg

Looks great!

I've been thinking of fab'ing one up also and wouldn't mind picking your brain a little on, even lending a hand on some of the fab if you need it. Are you near Phoenix?

I wish I was near PHX Im in Ft Worth TX. Used to live near Reno than got transfered to this place. The engine fo rthis trommel is hard to find as it was being discontinued it is a weedeater pe550 and they no longer sell the plans for this size on Bill and Linda's prospecting page. I waited alsomt too long to get the engine. There is a larger one though he sells the palns for. A honda powered one witha 13 inch barrell. Pick my brain all you want.

How are you going to adjust the pitch of the trommel to get the material through? Looks like it will be a good machine I will be looking forward to seeing the finished project.

There are wheels on one end and the sluice has an adjustable angle to help with recovery.

Below is a picture of what it should look like when im done.

post-635-1233158464_thumb.jpg

There are wheels on one end and the sluice has an adjustable angle to help with recovery.

Below is a picture of what it should look like when im done.

post-635-1233158464_thumb.jpg

[/quote

this is a picture of the one I made with his plans, mine is all electric so its nice a quite. but its a bit smaller then yours, but it can handle all the dirt I can throw at it. really enjoyed putting it together..

trommel_pvid.MPG