Nugget Shooter Forums

MapTech Mapping Software

Mike Furness

Hi Everyone,

Considering buying a mapping CD from MapTech for my AZ trip ... called Terrain Navigator. Has anyone any experience with this software? Primary use as a live GPS and transfer routes, waypints, markers etc on my Garmin GPSMap60csx.

Thanks,

Mike F

Hi Everyone,

Considering buying a mapping CD from MapTech for my AZ trip ... called Terrain Navigator. Has anyone any experience with this software? Primary use as a live GPS and transfer routes, waypints, markers etc on my Garmin GPSMap60csx.

Thanks,

Mike F

I have a buddy that loves MapTech for jeeping. but I am old school just give me a topo and compass, but I do use a GPS to pin point finds.

Good luck.

do these maps offer something mapsource topo's dont? I downloaded the topo from gps file depot for free or a donation. It looks good. I use n-route software from Garmin for live tracking, its all I could get to work with my Vista etrex. Plug the garmin into a laptop, works great for driving around and tracking position on the topo, especially when navigating by yourself. The coolest thing would be if you could download geocommunticator onto a laptop and track your position live on that, i dont know if its possible or how much hard drive it would take.

Has anybody used the blm state explorer? Tracking with n-route on the land surface map would be great. I have accumulated the paper blm land surface maps for most areas I need, but it would be nice not having to stop and plot the location when driving.

I havent tried to put the topo on a sd card for the gps, when its time to start hiking I still stick with paper maps.

Carl