Nugget Shooter Forums

3 greenies and a Vet

John B.

:headphones: Hi All

After a lot of convincing,pleading and stroking my ego the President and VP of the Desert Gold Diggers club asked me for a favor :shrug: . I wasn't really that hard of a sale :confused0013: . They asked if they could have the grand prize of a raffle be a day in the hills with me :nutty: . I said if your giving it away to one why not make it four :idea: . Well we ended up agreeing on three grand prizes as a day with me in the hills beepin :unsure: . I advised them it wouldn't be at any of my coveted secret patches and there would be no guarentees of a find :scare: . Donna the Pres said just take them to one of thier claims were they might have a chance of scoring a nugget :coffeetime: . The claim I'm taking these 3 winners and family members to are claims I've found lots of dinks on up to 3 dwters. I think they have a reasonable chance, heck even AZ4AU Mike scored a pennyweighter in there :icon_mrgreen: . These traineis are sporting I minelab GP3500, a Whites MXT (which I'm not too familiar with) and an old Whites Goldmaster2 (which I've found thousands of nuggets with) :winking0011: . I'm bringing a few spare beepers, picks with magnets, pouches, earphones, Nuggets and Specimens for training and tuning and a secret weapon that ALL METAL DETECTOR DEALERS SHOULD HAVE AND USE. So far I've never seen one that uses them :Huh_anim]: !! They are a duel earphone jack so I can hear what they hear or visa versa :headphones: :headphones: . I'm going to give them each a small nugget of a few grains (1/3 gram or so) from Dos Chichies and a small piece of a gold basin meteorite to the winners :whoopie: . I've stocked the back of my truck with a 5 gallon bucket to fill with all the crap these folks are fixin to dig and this outa be a fun day :mog: . I'm really hoping the weather clears up tommarrow making for a nice day. One of the winners that has the old Goldmaster 2 I'm giving him the best odds of scoring. I've got to borrow him the rods of my GM3 so I can remove the center section since he's only 8 years old and the old rods are only 2 piece :innocent0009: . Otherwise the coil would be about 4 foot out in front of him and too awkward to handle. Wish them luck :luck: !! Happy Huntin John B.

Aloha John B.,

Just out of curiosity? Are you going to get a manicure for that magic finger of yours or are you going to do it "your way" and just pick your nose and see where that bugger falls? :laught16: That's a joke okay!!

Seriously tho, from what I hear no matter which method you use whoever is being trained by you will be one lucky dude.

Good luck to you all and be safe out there.

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

Hi Stan

Thanks for the kind words :innocent0002: . But I can't make anyone a good nugget shooter :Huh_anim]: . It will all depend on thier own individual patience and perseverence :hmmmmmm: !! The rest is just hard work and a little luck :shrug: . Maybe I should try that bugger thing :laught16: !! Happy Huntin John B.

Sounds neat. Awefull nice of you. Wish I was around to learn a little but hell I've been having fun digging for the drywasher so no complaints. Have fun.

I'll bet the kid scores first, kids have a very good attention span when it comes to detecting, Sooo! I'm betting he scores first and the most. If it beeps kids will dig it, just to see what it is. Grubstake

Hi Grubstake and Shep

I believe your correct grubstake that's were I'm putting my money too :twocents: !! Shep the toe feels pretty good a little itchy but I'll wear boots tommarrow with the oder eaters in em :innocent0002: . With a beard like JC just who you callin a mesiah :confused0013: ?? Maybe the next outing we'll have a toga party and we'll all sing christmas carrols and kombaya around a campfire :laught16: . When the cross is raised you better scaddaddle :yikes: !! Hey you seen the elephant yet or what :shrug: ?? Happy Huntin John B.

Guest goldstudmuffin

Hi John,

You're babysittin' three greenies. : :whoopie: Boy would I like to sit up on a hillside and watch the show. Your a good man John, good luck. :laught16:

Hi All

I just thought I'ld let you know the results :unsure: . I guess my finger ain't workin since I broke my toe :hmmmmmm: . The fellow with the GP3500 had to cancel on this hunt ,which is probably best for interferance purposes :headphones: . So there was only 2 of the 3 raffle winners there, plus thier parent and other half :innocent0009: . The youngster wore me out, I pulled the center section of rod out of my GM3 shaft and it was the perfect hieght for him :idea: . But when I used it to check targets or assist I was all crouched over :ROFL: . Soooo I now can hardly walk with a stiff sore back :banged: . I took them to a stretch of wash were years ago I got 25 or 30 nuggets over a couple days from pinhead size up to a couple dwts :woohoo: . Soon after a couple guys claimed it and drywashed the snot outa it ,then a few years ago the DGD claimed it :whoopie: . Plenty of targets and crap were found but no gold :grrr01: . Actually it wasn't as trashey as I remembered but still no shortage of junk :no: . The parent, son, husband and wife all got probably more pointers than they wanted from me and all got to listen to various sizes of nuggets and specimens and now have a test nugget and space rock :shrug: . Now the hard work is up to them, the patience and persistance that they will need to develope and hone thier detecting skills :innocent0002: . I think I did a great job of teaching four more trash diggers the fine art of cleaning up america one beep at a time :winking0011: . The fellow with the GP3500 I've set up for a hunt next week end :bang: . Happy Huntin John B.

John, I have always carried a Y adapter and xtra set of :headphones: with me. Thats how I got the other half interested in beepers.

I use it to train anyone that goes out with me that wants to learn and is considering a detector purchase, its the VERY BEST way to demonstrate you are correct.

Hope you are doing better with yer back side from bending.

Hi Frank

Yeah I've used them for years. They are so simple to use I don't know why dealers don't use em ?? Most VLFs with speakers you can do the basics with the speakers but the subtle tiny a deeper targets the earphone jacks are great on. Rich I really tried to get someone over a nugget, twards the end of the day I grabbed a beeper and was finding targets letting them pinpoint and recover. Sooo I guess we all sucked skunk !! Happy Huntin John B.

Guest goldstudmuffin
The youngster wore me out, I pulled the center section of rod out of my GM3 shaft and it was the perfect hieght for him :idea: . But when I used it to check targets or assist I was all crouched over :ROFL: . Soooo I now can hardly walk with a stiff sore back :banged: . I took them to a stretch of wash were years ago I got 25 or 30 nuggets over a couple days from pinhead size up to a couple dwts :woohoo: . Plenty of targets and crap were found but no gold :grrr01: .

I guess it's better than the possibly of a blood clot from the lack of physical activity. :wubu: