Nugget Shooter Forums

White's GMT detector

goldenboy

I have found a White's GMT to rent for a nugget shooting run and was wondering if anyone has used this machine with success and have any setting recommendations? :confused0013:

Settings depend on the ground you are swinging it over.

Since it sounds like you are a newbie and lack experience you are lucky you decieded to use the GMT. Set the SAT. and GAIN to either preset diamond or try 5.5 or 6 on the dial , Audio boost switch OFF, threshold low setting , just hearable. You may set it in autotune turn the unit on put the coil on the ground and press the GRAB pad and hold it in while holding the coil to the ground. It will ground balance automatically for you, then release the Grab pad.

If you want to get real adventurous turn the SAT to 10 THE GAIN TO 10 AND START learning the sounds of GOLD compared to TRASH :laught16: IT'LL probably drive you NUTSYCOOCOO but the fact is you will do that eventually after you gain some experience with the machine.

Oh yeah forgot to tell you FORGET about the numeric display pod just go by sounds at first after you spend enough time with it the rest will fall into place with the readouts.

Also ask the store where you rent it if they have a manual for it you can take also. Its not very many pages and easy to get into .

HAVE FUN :twocents: And remember GOLD WISPERS ann TRASH SHOUTS :twocents:

Settings depend on the ground you are swinging it over.

Since it sounds like you are a newbie and lack experience you are lucky you decieded to use the GMT. Set the SAT. and GAIN to either preset diamond or try 5.5 or 6 on the dial , Audio boost switch OFF, threshold low setting , just hearable. You may set it in autotune turn the unit on put the coil on the ground and press the GRAB pad and hold it in while holding the coil to the ground. It will ground balance automatically for you, then release the Grab pad.

If you want to get real adventurous turn the SAT to 10 THE GAIN TO 10 AND START learning the sounds of GOLD compared to TRASH :laught16: IT'LL probably drive you NUTSYCOOCOO but the fact is you will do that eventually after you gain some experience with the machine.

Oh yeah forgot to tell you FORGET about the numeric display pod just go by sounds at first after you spend enough time with it the rest will fall into place with the readouts.

Also ask the store where you rent it if they have a manual for it you can take also. Its not very many pages and easy to get into .

HAVE FUN :twocents: And remember GOLD WISPERS ann TRASH SHOUTS :twocents:

:woohoo: Thanks so much !!! Yes, total newbie but I am actually going to be able to spend 3-4 solid days trying it out. I am very excited about it. I am going to head to semi remote areas and hope to have bearable trash levels.

:Huh_anim]: I will give a report on my luck when I get back in the middle of next month from my trip.

On that note... :hmmmmmm: When going out for long trips what seams to get the most sore? Your swinging arm, arms and hands from digging, or your back? I want to give it my best effort and last for a few days. :tisc-tisc:

http://whiteselectronics.com/support/manuals.html

GMT manual is listed under specialty metal detectors,

good reading ,I read it a week ago. I swing a GM3.

They are downloadable too !

PS when I hunt hydraulic pits I run SAT at the minimum and targets really sound off. The clays are not much of a problem. Some of the false bedrock gets noisey though to be honest.

:woohoo: Thanks so much !!! Yes, total newbie but I am actually going to be able to spend 3-4 solid days trying it out. I am very excited about it. I am going to head to semi remote areas and hope to have bearable trash levels.

:Huh_anim]: I will give a report on my luck when I get back in the middle of next month from my trip.

On that note... :hmmmmmm: When going out for long trips what seams to get the most sore? Your swinging arm, arms and hands from digging, or your back? I want to give it my best effort and last for a few days. :tisc-tisc:

I think that depends on the person....for me its my knees.