Nugget Shooter Forums

Quartzsite Gem Show 2009- Plus a New Arizona Meteorite Find!

Thanks to everyone who's clicked on my videos over the last year and a half! I've received well over 215,000 views and 138 subscribers!!

Here is my latest video to prime everyone for the Tucson Gem Show!!

Quartzsite Gem Show 2009- Plus a New Arizona Meteorite Find!

Even though the Quartzsite, Arizona Gem and mineral show is much smaller than the Tucson show, there’s still plenty to see. The Quartzsite show has something for everyone in the form of fossils, minerals, gems and meteorites.

During my visit on Jan. 11, 2009 I was surprised to meet Bill Hall. Bill and I have chatted via telephone on and off over the last year. Imagine my surprise when he told me that he found his very first meteorite while searching north of Quartzsite about two weeks prior. It looks like an ordinary chondrite to me, but to Bill it is the realization on his long time dream.

Check out this video to see my day in Quartzsite as well as a short interview with Bill.

http://www.meteorite.com/blog/quartzsite-gem-show-2009/

Thanks for the tour Ruben...I bet he was very excited to find that. I assume from the appearance he will return to find the other pieces....

Fred

Hey Fred,

He declined to give me coordinates but promised to take me very soon. I think more has already been found..... just a hunch!

very cool man... glad to see someone finding new finds in Arizona , hay Ruben i got a few weeks off in Feb thank its the last 2 week or so ill get info to marrow but would you be willing to make a trip out to Holbrook ? if so I'm game?

Ruben,

Yet again another great video! I wish I had more time to check out some of the other shows as well.

Congrats to Bill Hall on his first find! I remember when I found my first piece and ten seconds later giving you a call to let you know. He must be very excited. More pieces in his future for sure. A new strewn field? You never know.

It is good to see you back in the swing of things as far as meteorites. I will definitely give you a call when we are in Tucson. You can buy us breakfast! I Look forward to seeing you guys there.

Hey and by the way, thanks for all the time and help you have given Z-man and I in 07 and in 2008! Muchas gracias!

Dean

Nate, I sent you my cell number so maybe we can hit Holbrook..... we'll talk.

Dean, I do think Bill will find more maybe in the same area. As far as Tucson goes I'm thinking of hitting the lesser known areas instead of the same places. Who knows maybe I'll find something good in an area where the meteorite crews don't usually hit.

Yes, Thank you for the tour.

It is way bigger then the Antelope Valley Gem and Mineral Show. I wish Tucson was in my plans but there is always next year. Saving money for a trip to MO. in APR and Ireland in SEPT---(honeymoon). Have Fun in Tucson