Nugget Shooter Forums

My first Meterorite

Sorry guys...I posted this in a wrong forum subject earlier, this ones more appropriate and could not post it here until I got my digital scale until now. My first meteorite ever! From Gold Basin, found on the Jan 9th around 5:00pm. I had a Minelab GP 3500 with a 14in Coiltek mono coil. It weights 174 grams, slightly magnetic, has a little fusion or ablation crust left around 8 inches in the ground. I believe a L-Chondrite...I am grateful!

post-737-1231999550_thumb.jpg

post-737-1231999571_thumb.jpg

:whoopie: :whoopie: :woohoo: Nice job! Congrats! You'll always remember this meteorite! :woohoo: :whoopie: :whoopie:

That's a lunker for a first find at GB. WOW! Very nice job on that find.

So how's it feel to be one with the meteorites now? :)

I feels pretty good to be in the Meteorite club now! I was beginning to think I would never find one...So may trips I been out at GB trying to find one its not funny. The detectors audio response was a Hi-low broad sound...Totally different from the bullets and surface trash I have been picking up! Thank you all for your knowledge and encouragements... :ROFL:

WOOF!!

Awesome stone size for a first find. Now go back and grid off that area really slow for any other pieces.

good luck and be safe out there.

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

Hey Goldbug,

That's not too shabby for a very first one......................Holy Cow!!! Right out of the gate, and your in "the Hundred Club". Thanks for posting your photos. What can I say. How sweet it is.

Ben

Grats...thats your first ahhhh now your gona be spoiled win it comes to rocks...you know the saying once you got big well.......:)

ANy way's welcome to the club of GB rocks

ps im still tryign to nell oen that sise :)

Hi Goldbug and All

darn that's an ugly sucker :Huh_anim]: !! Are you sure it's not a fosilized turd :hmmmmmm: ?? Just kidding that's a great find :whoopie: :bowdown: :bowdown: !! Happy Huntin John B.

Yea...shes an ugly spud...wont win any beauty contest next to a Pallasite, but shes spoken for! Just to let you all know...Had to change my name to Ironbug for the meteorite side.

Yea...shes an ugly spud...wont win any beauty contest next to a Pallasite, but shes spoken for! Just to let you all know...Had to change my name to Ironbug for the meteorite side.

Very Cool my friend! I found my first two pieces at Gold Basin over 10 years ago, but niether were that size!!

p.s. If I find gold do I need to change my name to Mr-Gold?

Very Cool my friend! I found my first two pieces at Gold Basin over 10 years ago, but niether were that size!!

p.s. If I find gold do I need to change my name to Mr-Gold?

Hello Mr. Meteorite...I just started with the meteor side about five months ago...I see and congrats you on your work in this passion I find on the net. Well done...I did find a gold nugget 44 gram near Constellation Rd near Wickenburg...not too far from your hood. Back then I did not know anything about meteorites...Who knows...if I did find one I thought it was a hot rock!.....aahhhhh