Nugget Shooter Forums

Claim Jumpers.........

Book 'em Dano!

Aloha everyone,

Now that's the way things should be taken care of with claim jumpers. Will be interesting to see what happens to these guys.

Hopefully with the economy going down the toilet this will show claim jumpers that some claim owners are serious about "their claims" and will take action against them. This should be a deterent against any further illegal acts.

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

I think that s just great news. :laught16: After our recent little run in with claim jumpers we called the SO to file a report and the woman who answered told us they would do nothing even if we caught them on the claim red handed. We made sure she filed the report as a matter of record anyway and the next day a deputy called us back to say how wrong she was and she didn't know the laws. He went on to speak about all the recent trouble around Rich Hill with some issues of claim ownerships even going to guns and assured us that a deputy would respond immediately should we catch them in the act and there would be an arrest made if at all possible.

Aloha everyone,

Now that's the way things should be taken care of with claim jumpers. Will be interesting to see what happens to these guys.

Hopefully with the economy going down the toilet this will show claim jumpers that some claim owners are serious about "their claims" and will take action against them. This should be a deterent against any further illegal acts.

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

I agree Stan, and it will be interesting to see if they are actually prosecuted over this (lets hope they throw the book at em). It's nice to see the LE doing something about this. Anyone know anything about the claim they were on? I wonder if they will claim they were looking for meteorites :laught16:.

I hope this will deter other would be claim jumpers!

The big ranch 22 miles South of here and in the next county...has for 20 years had it's share of

claim jumpers to say the least....lots of big nuggets came from there....in 1996 I was the first to

ever ask for permission to hunt the ranch and to everyone's surprise I was given permission..

it stayed that way until about three years ago when the ranch was sold...most of the claim jumpers

were from this town...five miles to the East is the lake where they put their boats in at and go up

the river that divides this county and the county the ranch is in....about four years ago the ranch

foreman called the police in that county about the twenty or so claim jumpers that were there that

day....the police there called the police in this county and the trap was planned....about noon the

foreman and "his" police started chasing the CJ's....they made a bee line for their boats they had

hidden in the bushes on the river bank...as they climbed out of their boats they were met by at least

20 big mean as hell cops....they confiscated all the detectors...later ran over them with a road

compactor....and then the whip ass started. :fighting0030: ...there on the river bank....all claim

jumpers were

throughly beat....it was a sight to see around here for about a week as they sat in the little sidewalk

bars trying to act like they didn't hurt....a lot of black and blue spelled hurting.... :sick0010:

Justice was swift and to the point....detectors were destroyed and punishment was swift.....but it

didn't take them long to return to their claim jumping.....

That must be the Ranch across the river from Euripita's ranch. No wonder we did not go there. I mean besides the fact the owner would shoot first and ask questions later!

For the rest of there lives they get to never forget. All of the locals in that area wont let them. They might as well move to another state. Maybe next time they wont be so LUCKY!! :angry-smiley-010: