Nugget Shooter Forums

WHERE DO YOU SELL YOUR GOLD?

OldSalt

Gents, other then selling your gold on Ebay or this forum, I am curious as to where you go to sell your gold.

I read the article from Chris Ralph about selling gold but am wondering what you guys do.

I have never sold any of my gold as of yet.

(I live in the Phoenix area)

Well, now let me chime in with another question :confused0013:

As stated in another post, these forums are monitored by the good old Government.......does anyone want to say where they sell their Gold, if its not to the mainstream market?

There is goldbay.com I've seen that referenced a time or 2 on the forums in response to this question.

Well it depends on what type of gold. But you can sell it to jewlery stores, pawn shops and what not but they are going to give you about 75% of spot price. Trust me it takes just as much research selling as it does finding. I hope this helps a little good luck. Oh also gpaa will buy your gold and Kitco as well as any other smelter but smelters want about 100 penny weights to get spot price.

Your better off researching someone local to you, as they will want to see the gold, hold it, weigh it. Or post some pictures in the classifide adds on the forums, with weight and what you want for it. Someone might buy. Or trade it for detecting stuff. Grubstake

I agree with Grubstake. I don't know if you can get 75% of spot from anyone unless its specie or bigger nuggets with chartacter. Gold varies greatly in purity from location to location. Lots of clubs will buy your gold for raffle giveaways but spot? I think not! eBay? Painted rocks!!!

Max

Your better off researching someone local to you, as they will want to see the gold, hold it, weigh it. Or post some pictures in the classifide adds on the forums, with weight and what you want for it. Someone might buy. Or trade it for detecting stuff. Grubstake

I agree with Grubstake. I don't know if you can get 75% of spot from anyone unless its specie or bigger nuggets with chartacter. Gold varies greatly in purity from location to location. Lots of clubs will buy your gold for raffle giveaways but spot? I think not! eBay? Painted rocks!!!

Max

Most of the stuff I have is very small mesh. I do have 4 small nuggets, maybe a dozen good size pickers. I also have some gold surrounded for the most part by some white rock (Not quartz) and I do have a very, very small Garnet with gold in it. Never saw anything like it before.

I have never sold any gold and have not studied on how to go about selling it, just finding it. The more info you guys can tell me the better. I didn't think to much about the purity. Can anyone tell me more about issues concerning purity?

Oldsalt;

when I lived in N. Cal, Plumas County most guys were paying 80% of spot for fines and sometimes 90% for pickers...and they would buy as little as I had which wasn't much but it bought gas and beans...

Gold from most areas has distintive characteristics such as gold, silver, copper, lead and other trace minerals. In some areas the gold is very pure but that is rare...most placer gold will be lucky to get to 70-80 % pure... the trace elements will color the gold and possibly enhance its value.

so, a buyer will make a judgement as to purity and calc the value...wghtXpurityXprice -as a % of spot...refiners usually want a large batch but coin shops will often buy very small amount...your best buyer will be an individual that collects/hordes gold or collects specimens...

Fred