Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold & Other Goodies

Uncle Ron

Yo All...I got out a few times this past week, enjoying the incredible AZ weather...I've been doing some research and discovered a new (to me) old placer field ... It was worked pre-1900's and again in the depression era...Ol' Baboo & I started working one very narrow, cat claw choked gulch that had an old prospect up high on a steep ridge ... It produced the eclectic group of targets, including the nuggets which total a bit over one gram altogether...The 1942 S penny came from another nearby wash and was the only target in a half mile long wash....I'm not sure of the dateline on the mini-ball, but I think it's from the 1860- 1880 time period...Maybe some of you know about that...The donkey icon is from a tobacco bag and was common in the 1930's...Anyhow, here's my usual bunch of photos...Cheers, Unc

post-9-1231700668_thumb.jpg

post-9-1231700714_thumb.jpg

post-9-1231700767_thumb.jpg

post-9-1231700803_thumb.jpg

Nice finds Unc!

Nice rough ones :headphones: I was out last weekend and found 2 sub grainers in some nasty ass ground---nothing this weelend-I just sat around and watched the play offs yesterday-GO CARDNALS and doing the same today---WTG on the gold :headphones: -Mike C... :ph34r2:

:icon_mrgreen: Sounds like a great hunt !! I quite sure there are lotza folks in the frozen northern USA just a salivating at the words warm weather as they shovel feets a snow!! Warming up in Redding to the 70's !!!!!Tons a au 2 u 2-John

I miss Redding. I used to live on Churn Creek road. Is it all built up now or still woods? :confused0013:

Some more nice finds as always Ron. That Ol' Baboo of your's just keeps pullin them out of the ground. My ol SD2100 deserves a nickname too, just don't know what to call it yet. Congrats!

Del

Greetings, Uncle Ron.

You might not have stumbled across the Mother Lode quite yet (at least not that you are admitting to us) but I would have been tickled pink at discovering such nuggets and artifacts. As it is, I am green and several other colours with envy of you and your finds.

Cheers, lvlagnum.