Nugget Shooter Forums

WENT PROSPECTING

garimpo

:grrr01: Feet hit the floor at 0530...."sweet thing" says "what's up"...I say nada...that's why I'm

heading for the hills.....granola....coffee....water jugs filled...everything in the Toyota...backed

out of the gate and headed East....0600 and the police are actually up and want to see my papers...

must be a new one....I've bribed all the rest with Piques....he took one look at my Brazilian drivers

license and waved me on...on the first straight away part of the road I did the one hand coffee

pour while steering with my leg.....40 miles later eased off the pavement onto the dirt....chug

hole territory...oh well just another 20-23 miles to the gold.....I'm sure Willie has a song to fit

the rest of the trip....a light rain has just started....logging truck ruts every where...did I forget

to say DEEP....rain is getting heavier and heavier...just six miles to go...ruts have disapeared....

just rivers of water where the ruts used to be....figured this is a good time to get out and lock the

front hubs...got soaked...I'll never have a truck without 4x4..ever...slid the rest of the way..only

about 1/4 mile to go...next to the last ravine to cross...almost straight down for 60 feet or so...

then up the other side...but go to thinking about how far it is to the nearest farm tractor...a good

four miles....hate for my amigo to have to walk that far in the rain...turned around...still raining

only harder now...got back to the house about an hour later....turned on the computer and took

a look at some old pic of gold for my daily fix....retirement sure is fun...to bad you have to get old

to get there.... :love021:

Well that sucks about the rain. I get up to go to work. I hit the garage door button, hear a loud strage noise go out into the

garage broken spring. I giggle for a few minutes call work tell them I won't be in. Going be around 70 degrees today darn

shame about work.

Rich

Yep Don, this one's for you! I rise at 5 AM, still dark, crack open the window yep still cold, turn on TV to weather channel ... 17 degrees locally. Shower get dressed, have breakfast and a :coffeetime: ... leave house at 6:30 AM, start the truck look in the mirror temp is now 21 ... :woohoo: heat wave comin on ... let the truck warm a little to clear the windsheild of a little icy frost, go inside get another :coffeetime: ... 6:45 AM windsheild cleared, :coffeetime: coffee gone ... climb in truck look in mirror 19 degrees ... going the wrong direction! :grrr01: Sun comes up at 7:10 give or take ... shining bright and temp is rising fast ... gained the 2 degrees previously lost ... here comes the wind ... radio says 15-25 mph gusts ... wind chill down to -2 degrees ... well you get the picture! All in a good days time and temperature in NH. :laught16::laught16:

And you're complaining of a little rain! :tisc-tisc: :innocent0009:

Mike F.

Well... howabout this... I could not experience the following

when I was younger: Now while others are going to work

in the morning, I can snuggle warm in the sack until I gotta

rush to the john. Then I get dressed and by this time, about

7:00-7:30 AM, I must be ready to dash out the front door (as

a modern "minuteman") to open the back door of our youngest

daughter's car who is on her was to work.

Our daughter then passes the "baton," which happens to be her

youngest grandson; which happens to be our youngest great-

grandson, now 5-months old... He is strapped in a carcarrier

which at my age, I'm still able to lift by the handle and carry

all to the house... the carrier is large and awkward to carry.

Then inside the house great-grandmother, my wife of of many

years takes over... and usually if the "honey-do's are done,

I can go off to play. Great-grandmother loves to be sitting two

great-grandchilden... The baby boy and his sister when she is

not is school...

Yep, I agree that retirement is fun. But sometimes getting

older and retiring can be interesting and challenging... But,

I must agree going out to the goldfields is also great. I thank

all of you for sharing such interesting mornings. Jim

Garimpo, at least you started to get to where you wanted to go amigo. Still thats fun eh? Drive in the rain and feel alive.

Better than sitting at home watching the TV mate. Hey, maybe if you had gotten to where you wanted to get, something

may have happened for the worse, so perhaps it was a blessing in disguise eh? Still....you can go whenever you want...lucky bugger!

HH - Johnny

Today no more of that 0530 crap...no sir're....figured 0500 would be better to beat the rain...

speaking of which...thank Mike for reminding me of why I'm here...the only 19 or 21 I see in

my mirror has long black hair...a beautiful brown skin....no pointy fingers here...instead fantastic

pointy breast....get the picture?.....oh yea went back to the area that we got rained out of

yesterday...

no rain today...just nice temps (70°)....made it down the steep 60 foot bank...crossed the mud

that was hub deep but I already had the Toy in 4x4....all in all there were 9 detectors there today...

three found gold...I wasn't one of them...going back tomorrow....if I don't see a smiling 21 in

my mirror.....

Took a couple of pics today....the hunt area is where thousands of acres of Eucalyptus trees are

planted

and the company builds nice roads around and through the trees so they can maintain them...

one of the small ridge is where at least 300 gr. of gold has come from in the last month..at

the lower left is one of the local prospectors.....

post-300-1231608406_thumb.jpg

post-300-1231608424_thumb.jpg

Hello again garimpo and everyone else.

From where I am sitting right now, your rainy disapointment looks like paradise to me. Here it is either -15oC bitterly cold and clear or it warms up to a tropical -5oC with heavy wet snow to shovel. If you ever get to missing the white stuff too much just let me know and we can trade places for a month or six. I'll even make sure there are clean sheets and towels for you and that the snow shovel is all sharpened up and waiting by the door. I'm sure those latin beauties will miss you terribly for the first hour or two but I'll be there to console them. Seriously though, I am green and several other colours with envy. Enjoy the warmth and sunshine as I'm sure you've earned it.

Cheers, lvlagnum.

Garimpo,

sounds kinda like one of the trips I took the other day and had to turn right around and return home. I left the casa at 0500 to dirve the 60 miles from my house to my hunting grounds hoping to start hiking in just as the sun was rising. Well when I arrived the snow was about a foot deep and I could not even drive off the road. I parked on the shoulder and started my hike in where after about 5 minutes turned around and headed back to the truck. The snow here will stay for about a month or more and the detecting will have to wait for better weather. Im going stir crazy here. Next weekend though, I am headed out snow or not!!

Brazil! wow what a place to be.

Dean

Hey guys...I'm peddling just as fast as I can trying to enjoy all this sunshine and beautiful

scenery....Fri. was rain....Sat....was beeping in the sun....Sun....the same....the good thing

about beeping in those 40' trees is your always in the shade....yesterday found a good sized

area with a lot of dig holes...they took rakes and cleared away all the debris and did very well...

I was using my GP3000 with a NF 17" mono and it's so sensitive I was digging deep red rocks...

in the future when I go back I'm taking my Coiltek 19" Dingo DD....fun times ahead.....

PSS: "snow shovel"?....what's that?...... :laught16:

Garimpo.

If you had read my very first post on this forum entitled "New forum member with questions", you would know that a snow shovel is something Floridians use along with a wide pushbroom as a giant dustpan. You would also know about how much fun July ski vacations in Toronto can be. Who ever said the internet was a waste of time. So much knowlege to be had right at your fingertips.

Cheers, lvlagnum.

PS: Garimpo, where abouts in Brasil do you live? My ex-girlfriend has a cousin living there and their daughter is a massage/phisio thereapist.

Garimpo.

I'm running a ten year old 450 Pentium ll with 128RAM and Windows98 so Google Earth doesn't work for me. I've often thought of getting a new computer but this thing just wont die. My ex-girlfriend's cousin lives in Sao Paulo but I have no idea where their phisio/massage thereapist daughter is. I was just curious because I recall seeing some pictures posted by you or someone else and thought there might be a connection. It's a small world and stranger things have happened. I am frequently learning of family or social connections with people and in places where I wouldn't have thought it possible.

Cheers, lvlagnum.

Garimpo.

I'm running a ten year old 450 Pentium ll with 128RAM and Windows98 so Google Earth doesn't work for me. I've often thought of getting a new computer but this thing just wont die. My ex-girlfriend's cousin lives in Sao Paulo but I have no idea where their phisio/massage thereapist daughter is. I was just curious because I recall seeing some pictures posted by you or someone else and thought there might be a connection. It's a small world and stranger things have happened. I am frequently learning of family or social connections with people and in places where I wouldn't have thought it possible.

Cheers, lvlagnum.

The Six Degrees of Seperation theories seem to hold fairly true, unless you live under a rock :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_degrees_of_separation

Good information....very interesting...

P.S. The Second generation Pentiums will NEVER die...so I would recommend upgrading if you Ever want a new computer...The hard drive might fail, video card, etc...but that P2 will function for ever....lol

Enigmatic Engineer.

I think you might be right. I may have to take a sledge hammer to this thing in order to justify purchasing a new computer to myself. The one and only part I have had to replace on this thing is the CD/DVD drive and I suspect that was only because of a faulty driver. I'm still using the original 13.5 Gig hard drive and I've never heard of another one lasting this long. Perhaps I should contact Dell and see if there is some kind of longevity prize. Who knows. You might see a picture of me in a Dell advertisement some day posing beside my still functioning dinosaur. Well, it could happen, couldn't it?

Cheers, lvlagnum.

Sorry, but I can't feal your pain about the rain in the Mohave Desert, but I can if the wind is blowing 25+.

Love to work the tailings along the West side of the Colorado River.

I have a GB and it is fun, easy and lite to use. Still looking for the :icon_mrgreen: first shinner, but hope springs eternal and I am eternally looking.

BEST OF LUCK;

NUGGET GRUBBER

Where you from Nuggetgrubber? I'm in Blythe.