Nugget Shooter Forums

A little toleration please, gentlemen

Reno Chris

There has been some attacks going around by various members of this forum, - I mention no names and point no fingers. I am not and do not want to be any part of it. I know nothing of its origins and really do not want to know.

My only concern here is for the forum itself. When you get a bunch of guys pissing at each other, others soon take sides and join in, and very soon the forum goes downhill fast. Often little things get blown out of proportion, but sometimes things really are serious. This has been a really great prospecting forum and I dont want to see it go into a downhill slide because everyone starts taking shots at everyone else. If I see folks taking shots, I'll do what I can to put a lid on it no matter who the insulter or insultee is.

This a community and we need to tolerate others. You dont have to like them, you dont have to hunt with them, you just need the patience to tolerate their presence on the forum.

So my friends, I ask for a little toleration please, gentlemen. Let bygones be bygones, let whats in the past stay there.

Forgiving is a very great virtue. Remember what a very great one taught us to say: " Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive others".

Lets have a little peace and conversation about prospecting. :coffeetime:

Chris

Well said Chris;

unlike the Oz forum which I have had myself removed from, this forum has always upheld a tolerant but uncensored policy. The only time the moderators of this forum have exercised their right-to-censor is when things became personal and way off topic.

Responsible freedom of thought and expression, it's a good thing.

Fred

I don't know how many others agree with me, but the reason this has been my favorite forum is because it primarily has served as an excellent source of information and ideas -- not as a source of personal insult and defamation. It has flourished by promoting interactive expressions of good natured humor, competition, emotion, education and camaraderie that are basically genuine and self-guided. It never was intended to be used for below the belt pot shots. Tolerance of such behavior diminishes all of us.

Hats off to you Chris, and the others who moderate this forum. I agree that potentially troublesome posts should be nipped in the bud and bad apples be banned. It is too bad that this needs to be done but the alternative is unpleasant for all.

I think the member response to the latest round of bs

speaks more clearly to this point than anything else.

When a thread starts spinning out of control there are many members

who get involved in getting the tone back on the tracks.

One of the things I am trying to learn

is to be able to disagree with someone and still have

a discussion about the point of disagreement.

I find if I can do that, I usually wind up learning something.

Flak

Hi Chris & All ... I couldn't agree more with what you are saying. As a relative new comer to this hobby ... only about 5 years & very much part time ... I have learned a heck of a lot on this forum and AZO. Both seem to be well run and very tolerant of friendly digs and sarcasm. I can throw a barb and catch a few in jest ... most of us can ... and will continue to do so. It is part of the fun of the forum! However, as you said, in not so many words ... There is NO ROOM here for down and dirty ... plenty of other places for that!

Thank you to all the moderators keeping this forum top notch!

Mike F.

Alas, it's human nature and the same reason there are wars. Maturity or lack off, usually comes to the forefront when debates open up, and you get

what we experienced. I've seen the same on other forums, and also seen people barred, who then return under another guise....*shrug*

Being a firm believer in her majesty, Miss Karma, I'm sure that at some point people who bare their darkened soul to those that see it

for what it's worth, will in time, suffer the same at the hands of others. It's all a big "Ye reap what ye sow" kinda trip, minus the shroom's.

I prefer the comments where they say..."Hey Johnny, lookee here, there's some darn big nuggets and I want you to get them cause I'm all

tuckered out..."

And In that scenario I need to pinch myself, or at least give a banana to the monkey that just lept outta my a**........*LOL*

Or feed the flying pigs....ahhhh....ever hopeful......*sigh*

Well put Chris.

HH - Johnny

Hello again everyone.

Hmmm. I can't leave the forum for a week or two without you guys getting yourselve's into trouble again. Seriously though, can someone tell me what I missed? I have the feeling that someone was naughty, got his posts deleted and was perhaps banned? Enquiring minds want to know.

Cheers, lvlagnum.

Not me!!!...I didnt do it! :innocent0002:

lol :laught16:

sonny.

I can tell by your guilty look that you were the instigator of all these problems. You had better stop grinning or I'll have to spank you and whipe that smile off your face.

Mike.

If you say it is so, then I'm sure it is. Make it so, Number One.

Cheers, lvlagnum.

LOL....I am not that kinda guy! :outtahere:

And keep your hands off my wifes ass................ :laught16::laught16::laught16:

Sonny.

If that really is your wife's derriere and the other end is as good, then I want to kneel at her feet and worship her as a Goddess. You can tell her I said that and I would love to see the look on your face when she says "I told you so" and makes your life miserable for the next few days. It's a good thing you don't have me as a neighbour because the top rail of our backyard fence would have chin prints and drool marks on it and I would be over often to raid your beer fridge and I don't even drink beer.

Seriously though, cherrish her and keep her above all others. Fortune has smiled upon you even if you get skunked in the gold fields.

Cheers, lvlagnum.

25 years bucko....I am doing something right.

• 10 months later...

I have no idea what you guys are talking about, but it seems that you all worked it out. Good job Chris, and congrats on your promotion

Hi All

Just want to say this is the first forum I visit and thanks to

people like Bill and Chris I believe it will stay that way.

THANK YOU BILL AND CHRIS!!!!

Best Regards to All

Herb

P.S. Glad I missed the crap!

Well thank you!

Sometimes things get heated on the forum, and we all just need to stay calm.

What strikes me as I looked at this old post was that Sonny, who posted in this thread, is no longer with us.

Kind of puts things in perspective.

Don't sweat the little stuff, and its nearly all little stuff.

Enjoy your prospecting.

Chris

.....What strikes me as I looked at this old post was that Sonny, who posted in this thread, is no longer with us. Kind of puts things in perspective.

Chris,

That blew me away as well, until I looked at the date of these posts, I thought WTH, Sonney???

BTW Chris, all of your own signature website forums are a bunch of gibberish with the advent of this new format. I wish Bill could get this stabilized a bit, it's waco at times :wacko:

Gary

Chris,

That blew me away as well, until I looked at the date of these posts, I thought WTH, Sonney???

BTW Chris, all of your own signature website forums are a bunch of gibberish with the advent of this new format. I wish Bill could get this stabilized a bit, it's waco at times :wacko:

Gary

Most of the issues are in the user settings from what the server has said and I have been trying to get all the glitches fixed. This is an old post and perhaps that is part of it. I have not had anyone else give specific problems to me for a couple months now that need fixed. Is there something we have missed?