Nugget Shooter Forums

Back from Vacation... nailed over a Kilo!

Way to go Del, and Nate :bowdown: . Looks like I missed out :cry2: , just could not get a way.

Nice to fine gold at GB too. I have only done it one time out there but its a good feeling to fine gold and meteorites in the same place FUN STUFF.

Congrats!

Mike

Hey Nate,

Those are some awesome finds. You really rock at Gold Basin. I told you that your new wheels would bring you luck!

Hi Del,

Dang, that's the kind of vacation I need to take! You really outdid yourself this time. And that iron......................what can I say about that iron. It's the biggest that I've seen in quite a while. A real beauty.

Take a bow, you guys make it happen. Let me know when you return for an encore.

Congrats, Ben

Del,

I don't hunt the fluff area much at all anymore either, not unless I want to kick the skunk and pick up a few small Irons. I would have been quite shocked to see an iron that size drift that far out of the pattern. Glad to hear that it came from an area that is in line with some of the other large irons. Hope that you snag a record breaker one of these days. :hmmmmmm: I am sure that there is a 55+ grammer out there somewhere, I feel it in my bones....

If you thought that your iron made a loud click when it hit the magnet, you should have heard my 43 grammer. It was lying right on top the ground. My 54 grammer was buried pretty deep and sounded pretty much like a 30 cal. I dug a little, probed with my swiffer meteorite cane, dug some more and when it hit the magnet, it jolted my arm. I did a dance like you and hollered a few thank-you's to the meteorite gods.... :woohoo:

You are absolutely right about scrubbing the ground, the old addage, it is not how much ground you cover in a day, it is how well you covered the ground. Low and slow with a positive attitude will produce good results. You are a fine example of this procedure and your production in 2008 is positive proof... :icon_mrgreen:

darn, I wish I was your age again....... :cool:

Jim

nice handle "Moni the Meteorite Huntress" sounds like a Arnold Schwarzenegger film...lol. joking. nice to see you post on Nugget Shooter.

Hay thanks for the grats and stuff... was lot of work don't thank thy just fell in r hands well maybe they did but hay we put in r time and rubed the ground ;)

Nate,

Yes, it is a lot of work. You are getting to be one of the better ground rubbers around when it comes to meteorites. Keep up the good work.

Jim

Del,

I don't hunt the fluff area much at all anymore either, not unless I want to kick the skunk and pick up a few small Irons. I would have been quite shocked to see an iron that size drift that far out of the pattern. Glad to hear that it came from an area that is in line with some of the other large irons. Hope that you snag a record breaker one of these days. :hmmmmmm: I am sure that there is a 55+ grammer out there somewhere, I feel it in my bones....

If you thought that your iron made a loud click when it hit the magnet, you should have heard my 43 grammer. It was lying right on top the ground. My 54 grammer was buried pretty deep and sounded pretty much like a 30 cal. I dug a little, probed with my swiffer meteorite cane, dug some more and when it hit the magnet, it jolted my arm. I did a dance like you and hollered a few thank-you's to the meteorite gods.... :woohoo:

You are absolutely right about scrubbing the ground, the old addage, it is not how much ground you cover in a day, it is how well you covered the ground. Low and slow with a positive attitude will produce good results. You are a fine example of this procedure and your production in 2008 is positive proof... :icon_mrgreen:

darn, I wish I was your age again....... :cool:

Jim

Jim I could only imagine what the snap of an iron that big would sound and feel like. Probably darn near break your wrist, LOL. Hopefully someday I'll nail me one as nice as yours. A youngster (well... relatively young) like me can only dream about finding the gold and meteorites you've gotten your coil over in your years out in the field. Hopefully someday I'll have gold and meteorite hunting stories like I've heard from you. :bowdown:

Hey Mike it sucks you couldn't make it out there. Oh well another time my friend.

Moni, I have to admit I'd love to hunt a fresh fall! Gold Basin will be huntable for quit a while.

Erik, hey there's plenty more to find at Gold Basin and Franconia for the diligent and patient hunter.

Del

Paul- Another time my friend!

Martin- I love to post pics of my meteorite hunts because it motivates people to go out and hunt for them. Hunting meteorites is a blast and when you get into a good spot it's :worm1: one right after another, and it gets even better when they're puzzle pieces that fit together. I do have to admit though it's very easy for meteorites to take a back seat to gold when I'm finding it and I look forward to the day when I find my first nugget patch and pull off what I've done with meteorites.

I'm outta here for the weekend, thanks everyone for the posts and the congrats!

Del

WOW! Del and Nate and all. Fantastic! The iron is quite nice. I was out at Franconia on last Sunday (1-04-08) and the Monday before 12-29-08. I found 3 Chondrites, and four irons total. I'll post the pics latter. The largest iron is only 2.31 grams nothing like your guys' new finds. Most impressive. Great!! Clifton