Nugget Shooter Forums

Most Desired Minelab Improvements

Minelab (and/or after market suppliers) periodically adds improvements to their line of detectors. Each of us probably has a wish list of things we would like to see improved. I'll list two of mine (below). What would yours be?

1. A technological solution to the loose wire/falsing where the coil connects to the shaft (maybe a way to eliminate the wire completely?).

2. A simpler, smarter way to rig battery connections (most folks I know can't do the Exorcist neck move, so if the battery MUST be mounted behind the back, why can't there be a way to hook everything up IN FRONT where nature has equipped us with eyes, arms, fingers, etc?).

After getting an iPhone for Christmas, I know powerful computers can be made very small. I would like to see the control box made as small as my phone with a bluetooth connection be available for the headphones. All controls would be on a touchscreen just like the iPhone....... this would end up having no wires to connect around your back, virtually no moving parts.switches etc....... and be extremely light to say the least! So the shaft would then consist of the shaft, coil and battery/control box with a wire to the coil. Zero connections to the body!

Eldorado, I have wireless bluetooth on my 2200sd, for real, and the pocket rocket, so no wires. See or google Logitech freepluse headphones, they will work with any detector. Grubstake

Grubstake is right. I have the same set up -- Bluetooth headphones, and the Pocket Rocket. I mount the battery and the Bluetooth right on the wrist cuff. Works great and no wires to get in the way.

One thing I would like is to be able to turn down the RX/gain to really low sensitivity. Some times with bigger targets it tough to pinpoint (on edge) without it blowin out the ears.

2. Put in a breaker or other electrical safety device so in case a person accidentally takes the coil off with the detector ON no damage can occur. Make it fool proof.

3. Make the Commander coils lighter and make a 14" round mono.

4. Like everyone wants, make it lighter.

5. Make the upper shaft out of fiberglass.

6. Make it completely digital, no more switches and buttons to clog up with dirt and crap. Make the whole thing a little more water and dust resistant.

Dig Deep when you get a overloaded target switch to cancel,It works :twocents:

I tried that but couldn't get it low enough. In one situation I had last week the nugget (fairly big) was way deep under a rock that was about 4' in diameter wedged in a tight valley at the top of a waterfall and the nugget was way deep in there, had to reach about as deep as I could underneath with the detector. It pinched down pretty tight back and wasn't much room. The detector was squakin' loud if I came within a foot of the nugget. I ended up having to dig out the whole thing out to get the nugget. I ended up with a bunch of knots and scratches on my head but it was worth it.

Anyhow it was a weird situation but it would have been nice if I could have cranked it down so I could pinpoint it a little better.

Grubstake is right. I have the same set up -- Bluetooth headphones, and the Pocket Rocket. I mount the battery and the Bluetooth right on the wrist cuff. Works great and no wires to get in the way.

You are eliminating wires for sure, but at the cost of adding more weight to the set up......... I want it light enough so these old elbows and arm do not even need the bungee cord! I figure the battery at one end and the coil at the other would be about perfect.......

Hi All

The SD and GP series detectors have made incredible strides in technology but sometimes I wonder if they ever consider the user in thier devine scheme of things :hmmmmmm: . Certain items learned by the other detector companies that they just had whizzed over their little aussie heads :confused0013: . If you use one of these machines it will only be a matter of time before you will break the coil bolt, or power cord in the middle of nowhere :tisc-tisc: . The S wand was developed to reduce the angle of the dangle and arm wear and tear ( I think Slim was the guinea pig ) :innocent0009: . Well I'm not to sure the reasoning on mounting a friggen motorcycle battery on your back but hey if that's the only way they could figure out how to do it :angry-smiley-010: ?? I guess they had to do it :grrr01: ?? When there is a short on that type of battery system guys like Shep become extreme fire hazards :coffeetime: !! And little guys like AZ4AU Mike, his nuts drop into his shoes :WOW: !! Oh well my thoughts :twocents: !! Happy Huntin John B.

G'Day Everyone

I'd like to see all of the above and have it called GPY550. Some of us don't have deep pockets and going on labels vs. prices that should put it around $550 :woohoo: :ROFL: :woohoo: Or even better, seeing that this is the latest trend, if you don't find gold within 12 months, you can return the machine ... No questions asked.

My $1.50 AU

Cheers

Johnno

John B- good one :laught16::laught16::laught16:

John B, I agree with Shep :laught16::laught16::laught16::laught16:

Good one....... Ol'29er