Nugget Shooter Forums

Don't forget your new Arizona OHV sticker

Big Jeff,

Went over to MVD last week ...the front desk (didn't know anything, figures! :angry-smiley-010: )

So they called a superviser...took 10 minutes for one to answer the phone :angry-smiley-010:

To answerer the question about the sticker... come back on the 2nd of January......

......And I dout you can get one then either, more than likely you pay an get a piece of paper to carry till they send you a sticker to put on your plate....GOT TO LOVE THE GOVERMENT ! !

Wait till next year, I bet the price will double when the see how much revenue they generate....... :innocent0009:

:coffeetime: wonderer

From what I read, the sticker is supposed to replace the fees to register your plates? Didn't make sense to me, does anyone know the scoop? If I already paid for my plates for 2009, are they going to give me a refund? (yeah, right :laught16: )

-azm

I got mine online this morning , had to print a paper confirming the sticker was paid for.

I went out and got on my quad, road out to the dirt road behind my place and just as I hit dirt

there was a sheriff, he stoped me and had to see the paper.......ahhh the fun.

As far as the registeration I am not sure but I will find out in march when mine comes due.

From what I read, the sticker is supposed to replace the fees to register your plates? Didn't make sense to me, does anyone know the scoop? If I already paid for my plates for 2009, are they going to give me a refund? (yeah, right :laught16: )

-azm

The site says if you wanna drive it on "public" roads it still has to be registered, if you want it street legal, etc.

And then for all us snowbirds, we also need an Arizona Certificate of Title even though we are from out of state or country. The DMV will need to do a VIN check on your quad before issuing a title so load up your bikes before going to get your sticker.

Another revenue producing piece of crap . Not to mention that if your license plate holder covers the name ARIZONA it's $130 fine . The plate also says GRAND CANYON STATE in the middle . How many GRAND CANYON STATES do we have ??? The sorry ass excuse for this piece of thievin' garbage is that a witness to an accident or a crime will know what plate it was . GRAND CANYON STATE and a siguaro cactus isn't enough . Just goes to show the political mindset and where it's heading . Our Gov. is headed to Wash. for another job . Since she showed how inadequate she was in protecting AZ from illegals she is totally qualified to now protect our entire country from outside threats . Good thing is that she left behind a bunch of helpful budget hints to solve our budgetary shortfalls . You're a little too late chubby .

I did everything but ride into the sheriffs office yesterday to get stopped but no luck , so now I guess I'll have to get one! On the 31st they would not even say when they would be available except technicaly the 1st.

Maricopa county is so broke they are buying people out to retire.....BUT they are hiring 7 new officers to enforce this the sticker law, their claim is it to keep down dust but by there own figures offroad use creates very little of the areas dust. Can you spell revenue producer and Photo radar????

I received this email from Jennifer Zuffranieri. She is a customer service representative II, Arizona Game and Fish.

She says and I Quote "An OHV Decal is not required provided all of the following apply:"

(a) The person is a non-resident and

(b) The persons owns the vehicle and

© The vehicle displays a current OHV user idicia(decal) or registration from the

person's home state of residency and

(d) The vehicle is not in this state for more than Thirty consecutive days.

The above is a quote from the email.

This was sent to me on Dec 16 2008.

I hope this help with the mess that seems to be developing from this new law. :angry-smiley-010:

Just my :twocents: worth.

Bob

I feel your pain and I hate taxation without representation, I just paid $58 to fish in CA. and my OHV sticker was especially expensive because it was late. No friendly reminder that it was due just a penalty notice because it was late. I'm gettin pissed fellars. If you look to your left at my avatar... well I will leave it to your imagination.

-Joe

Hey T-Bone if you are from SD how come we haven't hooked up yet?

-Joe

here is some video of the 500

Joe;Back a few years ago we talked on this very forum and i was quite a newbe with only very little experance in nugget shooting. so at the time i keep to my self.Now i'm at a point where i can converse with the best and know what i'm talking about.and know what is being said.so why haven't we hooked-up?good question.we should, so PM me and let's get togeather i live in serra mesa off murray ridge road always open for a good hunt.

-terry-

post-1101-1230970271_thumb.jpg

Hey Dennis

I was wondering the same thing about no Nevada sticker. I don't even have a title for mine, it came from St. George in Utah.

I read in the paper that Nevada said we are the only western state that doesn't have a sticker, I say lets be different than the rest and never have one.

Greg

Hello Greg and all...I have a Nevada Title to mine and as I see what the rules are for the Out Of Staters..I'll copy the Title and Carry it with me for Proof of Ownership and that is what I read will and should be good enough??.........Happy Huntin all..Remember Enjoy the Cool weather while its here....jet521

Hey jet521!

Just don't sign any leases or anything showing you have or will be in state more than 30 days!

A couple of years ago Yuma county got on the snowbirds and went around to the R/V parks and checked registrys and also paid rewards to citizens turning in scoflaws, I think they still do it in Yuma, I don't know about other countys but I would not put it past Maricopa. Anything for REVENUE. Above applied to car & RV lisences, canadains have toleave the country every 6 months.

Max

Hello Greg and all...I have a Nevada Title to mine and as I see what the rules are for the Out Of Staters..I'll copy the Title and Carry it with me for Proof of Ownership and that is what I read will and should be good enough??.........Happy Huntin all..Remember Enjoy the Cool weather while its here....jet521

Hello Max.

I am not that advanced yet...Maybe afew years down the road? :innocent0009: You know what they say..."The Water must flow" atleast four to five more years.....I hope you and Polly are doing ok?.......Thanks.........jer