Nugget Shooter Forums

Up date on my post #2943 where the nugget weighed 1162.2gr and my specific gravity test said

it had 639.5gr of gold....he sold it to the gold buyer here for $25.45 pr gr......I haven't seen the

owner since then but today I talked to his partner who said that when the gold buyer got through

putting the hammer to the "specie" they got 700gr of gold (unconfirmed) as of yet....one more

look before they murdered it.....

post-300-1230658876_thumb.jpg

Wow, the stuff of dreams...thanks for the pic.

I wonder which factor you used for the matrix?? Steve Gholson has different factors for quartz or ironstone etc...if not him then someone else...my point is that your calcs were close but an adjustment to that factor may increase the accuracy...

Happy New Year

Fred

Hello, garimpo.

That is or was one very beautiful find. Wouldn't it have been worth even more if it had been processed into either a museum grade sample, a decorative piece or jewelry? Or is it that the buyers just don't think that way down there? Either way, much luck in finding more.

Cheers, lvlagnum.

The prospectors just want to sell the gold, there are no buyers (except Garimpo) for nuggets and specimens. So, they take their gold into the town's gold buyer and he smashes them to smithereens with a hammer on a steel plate. He does not want to buy rock, only gold and he does not care if it is a special specie. That piece would easily been worth twice what was paid for it had it been HF treated............ I actually witnessed the buyer doing this to another nugget and it was as if he was smashing my own flesh..........

Hello again, garimpo and El Dorado.

I thought that might be the case and I'm sure it would have broken my heart to see that happen too. I haven't had he pleasure yet but I guess when you make a find like that, it's like it was a part of you. I know you folks put a lot of sweat, tears and even blood into what you do. I guess I will find out for myself someday if and when I watch someone else take my first nugget from my hand.

Cheers, lvlagnum.