Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold Basin hunt

Hi all, got a chance to hunt this weekend out at Gold Basin with some fellow forumites. A good time was had by all, the temps well nice during the day, but got down to 27 degrees at night, can you say brrrrrr :yikes: ... Here are the meteorites I found. Jason :;):

DSC05698.jpg

DSC05706.jpg

DSC05687.jpg

DSC05715.jpg

Hello, Jayray.

Let's see nowwwww. 27oF converted into oC would beeeee..... BIKINI WEATHER up here!!! Seriously though, I envy you for your finds and the good time you had. I'll look forward to reading more in the future. And yes, I am one of those foo....errr, hardy people who walks around outside in shorts and t-shirts untill the ponds skim over with ice.

Cheers, lvlagnum.

Jason,

OUTSTANDING!! Man I am getting the bug to head down that way one day soon. I just got back from hunting a couple new areas here in New Mexico today. No luck yet on this end though as far as new finds go. Hey and by the way Zaya likes his new nick name you gave him! He said " that sounds good"

Congrats on the nice finds!! Wish I had the nice weather you guys are having. I am going to have to wait a couple months just for the snow to melt!!

Dean and Zaya ( Z-man )

Dean and Z-Man,

Gold Basin is still producing, and some nice ones too, lots of character. The last one is near a complete stone, minus a small chip. I was surprised to find the red-weathered, "L" shape one on the surface. I ran into a few hunters who stated that the field didn't have any more on the surface, what do they know... Keep looking, they are all around us. Jason :;):

Jason, yeah what do they know, you found more then the skunk did.

We will definitely keep looking except we need the keen eyes of You, Ruben, Ben, Erik, Sonny, Mike, Paul Etc.........just to mention a few. That would definetly help us to find one by eye. I won't forget that they surround us.

Dean and Z-Man Hooked in N.M.

Dean and Z-Man,

Gold Basin is still producing, and some nice ones too, lots of character. The last one is near a complete stone, minus a small chip. I was surprised to find the red-weathered, "L" shape one on the surface. I ran into a few hunters who stated that the field didn't have any more on the surface, what do they know... Keep looking, they are all around us. Jason :;):

Hi Jason,

Way to go! Nice finds.

Sonny

Aloha and Hauoli Makahiki Hou,

As usual you come away with a couple of nice ones. Just too cold for me to go hunting right now. BUT not cold enough to take up snowboarding!! :innocent0009: :laught16:

This new hobby is FUN! You just have got to visit Mount Charleston while you can. I am sure the family would love it.

Take care and be safe this weekend.

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

Erik, the weights are as follows and in picture order: 16gr, 26.4gr, 20gr, and 4.1gr. So not a bad day, 66.4gr total. Actually any day finding a GB is a good day these days. Jason :;):