Nugget Shooter Forums

meteo crystals

you can read the Photobucket instructions for this forum it should help with photo resizing. as for the green cystals. there is green oviline. refer to this ebay item and see if it matches.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brahin-meteorite-palla...219111010r19774

Here are the pics. I had one so called professional say "if it isn't attracted by a magnet it's not a meteorite. Well that is the most unprofessional thing he could have said. The rarest meteorites don't attract. It does make my Whites XLT go off.

My dad said it was such a rare meteorite that many scientists had never seen one like it before. That is why I haven't thrown mine away. Have a 72 lb, a 2lb and several small pieces. All came from my big piece.

I found this quote the other day on E-BAY

item #200281039107

THIS MOST AMAZING AND ANOMALOUS SPECIMEN OF ALL THE ANGRITES IS SO UNUSUAL LOOKING THAT SEVERAL WORLD RENOWNED MUSEUMS RETURNED THEIR PIECES SENT FOR IDENTIFICATION SAYING TO THE FRUSTRATED FINDER THAT IT WAS NOT A METEORITE AT ALL. AS IT TURNS OUT THIS WONDERFUL METEORITE IS ONE OF THE RAREST TYPES OF METEORITE EVER TO COME TO EARTH FROM SPACE. ESSENTIALLY IT BREAKS ALL OF THE RULES OF WHAT NORMALLY MAKES UP A METEORITE. WITHIN THE MATRIX ARE VUGS (IRREGULAR SHAPED CAVERNS) FILLED WITH BEAUTIFULLY TERMINATED AUGITE CRYSTALS, VESICLES (HOLLOW SPHERES LINED WITH MICRO-THIN GLASS), OLIVENE CLASTS AND LARGE INCLUSIONS OF OBSIDIAN LIKE GLASS. I HAVE MEASURED VESICLES OF UP 2.5 CENTIMETERS IN DIAMETER ON THE BROKEN SURFACES OF SOME OF THE FRAGMENTS

my photobucket link

http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l167/binderbird/meteorite/

I am by far no expert. but to tell you the truth it looks like a terrestral object. you can send a sample to one of the universities to be sure. Look at the MetBull database there should be some good spots near you to detect some Meteorites.

http://tin.er.usgs.gov/meteor/metbull.php

I looked at all the basalt pics and discriptions I could find and didn't find any reddish basalt from earth. Then I found there are basalt meteorites. Should I dig it out of the trash just in case or just forget it. Also we have never had volcanos in Kansas. This was found in a Kansas wheat field in dirt essentionally blown in from the dust bowl days. (1930s.)

I always keep the ones I question. but if it was a meteorite I am sure someone would have called me out as wrong by now. i will send post a pic of a piece similar soon. I am going to a dry lake tomorrow morning so expect a reply tomorrow night at the soonest.